Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is someone using my account?

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 27 inch 3.4 ghz 32 GB RAM
    I noted a drop of money in my iTunes account. A drop from $37.+ down to $15.+ I haven't used my iTunes account for anything except the monthly .99 cent iCloud fee. I would guess it was two months ago max I was viewing the account balance. This weekend I rented a movie from iTunes since I had just bought a new Apple TV. I figured I had better change my Apple ID password. Now when I change the password on all my devices I get this:

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 9.36.38 AM.png

The only way I can use the two way authentication is a text to my iPhone.

Am I just missing something here or is someone else using my account?

Thanx

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Are you in Englewood, Co?

If you are unsure, you can go into iCloud, on any of your devices, and it will show all of the devices your account is logged into.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Or it could be that his VPN ends in Inglewood, or that his ISP is homebased in Inglewood. The question is, did he get the two-factor code when he changed the password?
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    No, I am in Florida. I don't use a VPN and I don't know where Spectrum is home based. I do get the two factor code after clicking "Don't Allow" on the screen shot above followed by another prompt to change my password. After I click "Don't Change" then the verification. Apple maybe sending the verification to the Apple TV but I have to have a text sent to my iPhone.

Still perplexes me on where the money in my iTunes account went. The only possibility is my wife spent it as I have family sharing set up. She has her own Apple ID and password. She still has a little money in her account. We just buy the iTunes prepaid cards to keep money in our accounts. I did note the credit card number on the account was no longer good.

I did go into iCloud in settings and it just showed what should be there unless I was looking in the wrong area. My password was sixteen characters long but changed it to twenty.

I dunno...

Thank you for taking an interest.

I dunno...

Thank you for taking an interest.

I think I'd take a little less of a casual attitude and contact Apple Customer Service if it was my account and my money. Oh yes, and I'd have checked with my wife as well unless she's actually somewhere in Colorado.

Or whatever , or what's it they say these days…

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    With Family Sharing, you should receive an email notification when something is paid for through iTunes. Did you get something, it may take a couple of days or weeks to show up.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Have to agree with Patrick. It sure sounds like someone was trying to use your Apple ID and that might also explain the missing money in your account. Get hold of Apple Customer Support and make sure you find out what's going on.

Your Mac's Specs
    I guess I will have to contact Apple Support as last night I got this text shortly after adding $30.00 to my iTunes account:

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 7.49.39 PM.png

I don't have any friends at iTunes. I didn't click on the link as I don't know what Mappen is.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Mojave; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    Delete it. That's not a genuine apple address (which always start with apple, not itunes etc).
    Sue

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

Your Mac's Specs
    Yes Sue, that is a valid/genuine Apple address, for the iTunes Store.
    -- Bob --

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Bottom line, nod. You need urgent assistance from Apple; as many have advised.

Try not to worry too much. They will sort it out for you. When you go to them or phone them, you will need proof of identity, home address and any receipts relating to Apple products that you still have.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    With Family Sharing, you should receive an email notification when something is paid for through iTunes. Did you get something, it may take a couple of days or weeks to show up.
    I do get that email when either my wife or I purchase at iTunes. I went back to previous iTunes downloads but I don't see a balance at any point. Everything seems to be in order. If I could see a running balance that would be helpful.

Your Mac's Specs
    Thank all of you folks! Later today I will contact Apple. Who needs this hassle

Your Mac's Specs
    Have you looked in iTunes, then select Store, then select Account, then in Purchase History, you should see everything the card was used for, unless something is still being processed. That happened to me when my daughter downloaded a free app, but it had a subscription that started one week after download. I never saw the email when she did it, but the charge showed up a few days after it was processed.
    -- Bob --

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    That happened to me when my daughter downloaded a free app, but it had a subscription that started one week after download. I never saw the email when she did it, but the charge showed up a few days after it was processed.
    Good point and a reminder about iTunes store subscriptions. I had that happen to me with a weather application that I initially paid for and installed on my iPhone and iPad. I found out later on that when I purchased the app I also purchased a subscription to it which renewed annually. The money amount wasn't a big deal but it annoyed me that I either was not notified of the subscription or I overlooked it. I cancelled the subscription with Apple - which by the way - is not exactly clear cut on how to accomplish that.

Thread Information