Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In the hunt for a new cell phone...
    Your Mac's Specs
    Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
    I have my Cingular employee plan and I have a great package (2000 minutes for 25 bucks a month), but the service for Cingular in Northern Illinois is absolutely horrendous. So, I'm looking to switch carriers and cell phone brands. I'm willing to go with any brand so long as it isn't LG or Motorola because they are the worst phone brands in the history of bad phone brands. As for service, I'll look at anyone who isn't Cingular. As far as features go, I'd like a camera phone that is no more than $100. Any suggestions?
    "Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCustomer99 View Post
    I have my Cingular employee plan and I have a great package (2000 minutes for 25 bucks a month), but the service for Cingular in Northern Illinois is absolutely horrendous. So, I'm looking to switch carriers and cell phone brands. I'm willing to go with any brand so long as it isn't LG or Motorola because they are the worst phone brands in the history of bad phone brands. As for service, I'll look at anyone who isn't Cingular. As far as features go, I'd like a camera phone that is no more than $100. Any suggestions?
    I am with Verizon and have an LG phone. Their service has been pretty good (in north carolina that is). I have only dropped 1 call for the past 2 years. You should look into them, but most of their phones are LG which is another thing to consider.
    by the way
    why do you not like LG, mine has worked great ?

Your Mac's Specs
    Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
    I've had two different LG phones with two different carriers (Sprint and Cingular) and they couldn't hold a call if you glued it to them.
    "Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer

Your Mac's Specs
    Currently shopping for my first Mac.
    I'm currently with Verizon and have owned a Motorola and LG phone; both of which have worked great for me. I currently own the Verizon Chocolate and have no complaints with it.

As far as coverage is concerned I think Verizion is the best. When compared to my friends who have Cingular, T-Mobile, or Sprint, I usually have a better signal strength. The only downside is that Verizon customer service really sucks. You really have to watch yourself with the agreements and rules they have in place. Plus Verizon phones are locked down so much I sometimes wonder if I really did purchase the phone or if it was a loaner.

There are flaws with every company, you just have to choose the one that seems to suite your needs the most and deal with the imperfections.

As far as a phone is concerned, I would recommend the Chocolate. It's a very sleek looking phone, with a Java/Flash based interface, and excellent signal strength.

Your Mac's Specs
    Yeah, Verizon was the first company on my mind. Up until the end of '05 we carried them here at RadioShack and all of the phones (even the free ones) were excellent quality.

Your Mac's Specs
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    Verizon has great service and coverage. But they cripple their phones to do 1/5 of what they were originally designed to do.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCustomer99 View Post
    I've had two different LG phones with two different carriers (Sprint and Cingular) and they couldn't hold a call if you glued it to them.
    How long ago was this?

http://www.phonescoop.com/
    this websight will show you the phones and specs ect. for each phone service you may choose.

I use Sprint PCS and currently have a Sanyo phone. This is the first time I have used a Sanyo and I am really impressed with it. When I upgrade in the fall I will probably stay with that brand (NO way I will be able to afford an iPhone (unfortunately).

Your Mac's Specs
    Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
    sanyo phones with sprint is my suggestoin too. i love sprint and sanyo makes the best phones

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by skye23412 View Post
    sanyo phones with sprint is my suggestoin too. i love sprint and sanyo makes the best phones
    I agree, I had a Sanyo 8200 and that is the only phone I've ever had that I've actually liked.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" iPhone 7 iPad Air and many iPods
    I'm in the Chicago suburbs and I switched from Cingular to US Cellular a year ago. I've never had a single problem with their service or customer service.

My phone is a Motorola RAZR V3c.

i've had nothing but good experience with my virgin mobile camera phone (i believe it's an audiovox).

and you can't beat less than 10 bucks a month.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Your Mac's Specs
    2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
    yea i just got a new Sprint plane with the sanyo Katana.. now it's not my old phone which was an i730 which i loved. But this phone gets great service and very easy to use. So this is pretty much my recommendation

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    i've had nothing but good experience with my virgin mobile camera phone (i believe it's an audiovox).

and you can't beat less than 10 bucks a month.
    We sell Virgin Mobile at RadioShack and I believe your phone is called "The Snapper" if you have the black flip camera phone I'm thinking of. I do like Virgin Mobile because they are the best pre-pay service out there in my humble opinion. However, I'd rather get a contract agreement.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by spudd4242 View Post
    yea i just got a new Sprint plane with the sanyo Katana.. now it's not my old phone which was an i730 which i loved. But this phone gets great service and very easy to use. So this is pretty much my recommendation
    I love the Katana, as I've said before in this forum, Sanyo is THE MOST underrated brand out there. But right now, I'm leaning towards U.S. Cellular and they don't have any Sanyo phones.

Thread Information