Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Stupid Comments/ Questions from Windows users
    Your Mac's Specs
    15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs
    @JayroCruz

Yes.
    I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
    They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
    I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.

Your Mac's Specs
    13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
    My ict teacher thought i was incompitent and messed around in the lesson because i didnt know how to use a computer, until i brought my mac in she was really impressed but couldnt believe the price.

My next ICT teacher goes, eww its a mac and laughed
    and then was like i never understood why the is no right click and i showed him the two finger tap and ctrl click and he was like oh now i understand.
    Then he said there just a toy, until i showed him my apps i.e flash & photoshop

And then someone in the class goes yeah but you can get them for pc's

and i replied
    Yeah well my mac looks better than your "pcs"

and he shut up

Your Mac's Specs
    2018 MacBook Air / Core i5 @ 1.6GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD
    User walks up to my desk, starts talking to me about my opinion of what new PC she should buy.

I ask her the usual volley of questions, trying to determine her needs. Then I say "have you ever considered a Mac?". She says "A Mac? What's that?". I explain "you know, an Apple Macintosh". Her reply "Oh, Apple is still around? I thought they were like - you know - obsolete".

The kicker of this is that the reason she wanted a new PC was because she was running Windows ME on her old machine and had just gotten her daughter an APPLE iPod for Christmas and was having difficulty getting iTunes and the iPod working. Apparently, that big Apple logo on the box didn't tip her off.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    User walks up to my desk, starts talking to me about my opinion of what new PC she should buy.

I ask her the usual volley of questions, trying to determine her needs. Then I say "have you ever considered a Mac?". She says "A Mac? What's that?". I explain "you know, an Apple Macintosh". Her reply "Oh, Apple is still around? I thought they were like - you know - obsolete".

The kicker of this is that the reason she wanted a new PC was because she was running Windows ME on her old machine and had just gotten her daughter an APPLE iPod for Christmas and was having difficulty getting iTunes and the iPod working. Apparently, that big Apple logo on the box didn't tip her off.
    HahaROTFLol.
    Seriously, if she's running WinME, gets an iPod and doesn't know that Apple is still around...Apple could open a store across the street and she probably wouldn't get a clue!
    I bet her Winbox is just choc full o virusy, malwarey goodness

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post

ROFLMAO!!!!
    People are so ignorant nowadays
    apple ipod?
    It doesnt take a genious to put the two together

Your Mac's Specs
    White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
    The percentage of macs to Pcs in my school is pretty near 40%
    Everyone has a basic understanding that macs are better than pcs in the lack of viruses, malware and spyware and that they run more stable than pcs.

And I know that if some people had the money for a new computer they would buy a mac.

I wish there was some mac ignorant people so I could laugh at them when they say stupid things.
    White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/

Your Mac's Specs
    macbook
    Quote Originally Posted by JayroCruz View Post
    Man i got a story so one time i was minding my own business using my mac when this guy came up to me and starting saying that windows was better so i stabbed him. After he fell to the ground i just threw him in my trunk drove over to the local river and dumped him off pretty good eh?
    as soon as I read 'minding my own business' I could tell it was a fake story. You should have added 'twiddling my thumbs' or something like that You should also have used the word 'like' excessively.

I've had some people claim macs are harder to use. The real issue, is that they're different to use if you're used to windows. It's hard to try to set them straight though, without getting into a debate.

One time, when I was searching for a webcam, my brother went into the store to search for one for me, and asked if any webcams were mac compatible. The shop attendant just laughed and asked "who uses macs?"
    Well, if I were there, I would have told him, in full detail;
    "The graphic designer who designed the logo for the store, the designers who design all your catalogues, possibly the advertisers who create your TV ads, perhaps even a designer who adapted the store logo to fit on the shirt you're wearing. I also wouldn't be surprised if a mac user designed the packaging for the product I'm holding, and many of the other products surrounding you right now....oh, and me." ...yeah, if only I'd been there.

There are some classic moments here from other members. I'll be laughing at some of them for days.

You'd think with the overly simple, yet memorable mac ads these days that people would be a little more aware. All these people not knowing Apple makes iPods...who did they think makes them? There's many a slap to the face needed there.

And macs now with colour monitors? That's gold, really.
    I'd probably collapse laughing if I had anyone say something like that to me.

Your Mac's Specs
    PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
    :O at the color screens. Igggnorant.

Your Mac's Specs
    15 inch Macbook Pro dual core Duo 2/G4 server
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    One of my friends is a Mac fan, one of mine owns an iMac and loves it, but the rest probably think Mac means iPod.
    Don't knock it, Ipod is the gateway drug to Mac use, Ipod led to used Powerbook used Powerbook led to new Macbook. :mac:

Your Mac's Specs
    15 inch Macbook Pro dual core Duo 2/G4 server
    What I can't stand is being told that since I'm a Mac user, I'm too stupid to use a "real computer" But since my other laptop is Linux which is "too hard for normal people", I'm also a computer geek who uses a system thats only for no life "computer geeks" who use Linux because computers are all they know.

So am I too bright or too stupid? I like that the same person will tell me I'm both in the same conversation.

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
    Not quite so stupid, but I'm bored and need to post something.

I was in the Apple store with my best friend, and he isn't ignorant about macs, but kept saying PC's are better for games. Obviously, this is true, but then he said "I don't think I've ever seen a place that sells games for macs!" I smiled and pointed to the back right hand corner of the store (Software section)

"...Oh. Well, I bet they don't have any good games."

*Points to games such as Halo, WoW, The Sims 2, Age Of Empires III, etc.*

"...But I don't see Counter Strike."
    :dummy:

Your Mac's Specs
    Halo is awesome.

Your Mac's Specs
    okay, i was talking to this guy who was preaching about how good windows was and asked if i had vista?
    i responded no i use a mac
    and he was shocked and replied macs our rubbish
    we were having one of them stupid mac vs pc debates
    until someone said macs are better at everything other than games due to the face you have to get the mac versions which dont have such a big library.
    He then said he had never used a mac before.
    This guy was talking out of his face when he was going on...

It annoys me so much!

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Your Mac's Specs
    Yeah, here's the best..my friend ACTUALLY said this.

Friend: Macs aren't as good as window computers because they can't go to websites..
    me: Umm....the computers in the computer lab are macs....they go on the internet
    Friend: Yeah, they can go on the internet, but they don't have the internet.
    me: I think your confusing the term "internet" with the program Internet Explorer.
    Friend: Oh yeah...that's what I was talking about.
    Me: You can get Internet Explorer for the Mac. Unfortunately, I don't know why anyone actually uses IE because it's really crappy.
    Friend: it doesn't get viruses and mac safari does
    Me: Actually, Mac's don't get viruses and PC's and IE are vulnerable to over 100,000 viruses.
    Friend: well macs copy window computers they stole spotlight
    Me: Mac's have had Spotlight about...3 years before Windows?
    Friend: Well yeah but Mac stole aero.
    Me: No, the Mac had a very nice looking glossy interface since like...what..2000?
    Friend: well... front view copied window media building...
    Me: Well, Front ROW came after Windows media center..but it's not like they completely copied the GUI and features.
    Friend: well window computers are still better than mac
    Me: you're just jealous right?
    friend: *admits to being jealous*

Wrong terms marked in bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    What I can't stand is being told that since I'm a Mac user, I'm too stupid to use a "real computer"[...]
    i just tell them i do windows server support, so now every time i touch a windows machine i get paid for it.

how smart is that?

also spoke to an HP tech today who was contemplating the switch! i think the glowing review of my macbook may have helped sway him too.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Thread Information