Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

hothummer
    question re refreshed units from Mac store
    I just learned about the Apple store's refreshed units and missed the month end sale this past weekend... Here is my question.. I am told that the refreshed units are ones that have been opened but returned...

What is stopping people from buying new units 3 days before month's end and returning them the next day so that they are then put into the discounted "refreshed" inventory for the upcoming sale??? I suppose that it is then first-come first-served however if you get to the store early, shouldn't be a problem.

question re refreshed units from Mac store
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    because why would they go through all that trouble when they could just wait for the sale and just buy one, with out buying one, returning it, and hoping when you buy from the sale you will get the same one. It won't work that way, you most likely will not get the same one... so its completly not worth it.
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

hothummer
    you are missing my point...someone would do as I suggest to ensure that there is some inventory of merchandise avail for the firesale...if no one buy/returns any units, there is no firesale...correct?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
    because why would they go through all that trouble when they could just wait for the sale and just buy one, with out buying one, returning it, and hoping when you buy from the sale you will get the same one. It won't work that way, you most likely will not get the same one... so its completly not worth it.

sursuciofla
    People always return stuff that's a fact of business/life. Like PB said why waste your time doing that when others will do it for you anyways. Like said earlier there is no guarantee you would even get anything so in effect if you got nothing you would be doing the returning for nothing. Big waste of time isn't it? Who really has that much time on their hands?

Thread Information