Thread: PowerBeatsPro

PowerBeatsPro

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    PowerBeatsPro
    Hi-

Does anyone know where PowerBeats Pro are made? I am seriously considering purchasing them, finding out they are American made would seal the deal for me. I do not see a thread for any reviews of these. I am afraid the AirPods will fall out of my ear, this is why the PowerBeats seem like a better option, I had a Voyager years ago and loved the fit. When the gym reopens I use them in the gym and otherwise mostly for talking on the phone. I would love to hear some reviews or point me towards the thread if I am missing it, thanks!

Allison

PowerBeatsPro
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    You can probably find web reviews on the PowerBeats Pro. My guess is that they're made in China just like Apple's other AirPods. At $249.95, they better be great!

PowerBeatsPro
    I would love to hear some reviews or point me towards the thread if I am missing it, thanks!
    You might want to try reading these:

Beats Powerbeats Pro review
    Beats Powerbeats Pro review | TechRadar

Beats Powerbeats Pro review: Great design, with a flaw
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/headph...ts-pro-review/

And no, I have no idea where they are made. The only thing indicating they might be made in America is their price, but not that much different from Apple's product which I together are made in Asia.

- Patrick
    ======

PowerBeatsPro
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, iPhone, MacBook Pro
    I've had the Bose noise cancelling ear buds for a couple of years now and remain impressed by the sound and build quality.
    --
    Cheers
    Rod

PowerBeatsPro
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    @dufchick,

You said
    I am afraid the AirPods will fall out of my ear,
    In a moment "isolation mania", I purchased Apple's AirPods Pro which are similarly priced, I think, to what you are considering.

They come with 3 detachable ear fittings/tips (small, medium and large). Apart from the obvious gain in sound quality and noise cancellation, they are very comfortable and if you use the correct size of tip for each ear**, there is next-to-no chance they fall out of your ear - even when running!

Caveat: I mean other people running - not me!

**Most people have different size earholes (Lt and Rt). I have Large tip on left, Small tip on right.

Ian
    Ian

PowerBeatsPro

Your Mac's Specs
    There are so many reviews of the AirPods that say they are loose or fall out despite the customization with the ear tips, that is an expensive little toy to lose. I feel like the PowerBeats will stay put better. I do read the reviews on the major tech sites and YouTubers but to be honest I have no idea if those people are getting anything in return for their reviews so I take with a grain of salt. But more particularly I was wondering where they are manufactured. It seems to be an important consideration these days.

PowerBeatsPro
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    There are so many reviews of the AirPods
    I'm talking about AirPods Pro, which are quite different.

But, hey, this was only a side remark. Of course, the choice is yours. Whatever you get, enjoy.

Ian
    Ian

PowerBeatsPro

Your Mac's Specs
    I was talking about the Pro version as well, sorry for not making that clear but since you mentioned it I am going to look back as some of the reviews I have seen to make sure they were talking about the Pro's as well. I wish it was possible to get a trial pair ��

Thread Information