Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Prime Day Purchases
    Your Mac's Specs
    16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
    Prime Day Purchases
    Amazon Prime Day has come and gone. Just curious what if any goodies MacForums members collected.

I’ve heard of some people scoring tremendous deals on apparently mismarked items. My own savings were far less dramatic. By my estimate I averaged about 10% savings over previously (and subsequently) posted prices, and I’m happy with that.
    Almost everything I bought I had been considering before the sales.

1 TB Samsung T5 SSD - $149
    500 GB Samsung T5 SSD (2 of these) - $79 ea
    Oster ExpressBake Bread Machine - $38.62
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Prime Day Purchases
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    I missed out on the Samsung T5 deals. Those are great external SSDs. Very fast and they connect via USB-C/USB 3.1. I purchased one some time ago when B&H had them on sale.

Prime Day Purchases
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    I missed that as well. Just as well. I picked up a platter drive a couple of weeks ago to hold the media library. The existing media drive is now a media backup. The original backup is still available but the drive was starting to make me nervous.

Only problem is I've got is that there are some duplicate files that need to be removed and some files that seem to have not copied correctly the last time I backed up. The file is OK in the original but some show as zero k in the backup. Ot's going to take a while to check all those files.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Prime Day Purchases
    Your Mac's Specs
    The 1 TB drive is going to be my captive clone for my Mac Mini’s internal 1 TB SSD.
    500 GB SSDs are for my LightRoom Catalog and Photo Library (one as a working drive and the other for a Backup)

The Bread Machine is because:
    1) I like bread
    2) It was cheap but well reviewed
    3) Our current Bread Machine hasn’t resurfaced yet after the move, and it is almost 30 years old
    4) I like bread
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Prime Day Purchases
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Quote Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
    The Bread Machine is because:
    1) I like bread
    2) It was cheap but well reviewed
    3) Our current Bread Machine hasn’t resurfaced yet after the move, and it is almost 30 years old
    4) I like bread
    So do I. We bought a bread machine a while ago but haven't used it much in the last year. SWMBO decided to go on a diet last August and since my cooking skills are abysmal I'm following her diet. The down side much less bread and junk food entering the body. The up side I'm probably about 50 pounds lighter.
    Last edited by Slydude; 07-22-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Prime Day Purchases
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    So do I. We bought a bread machine a while ago but haven't used it much in the last year. SWMBO decided to go on a diet last August and since my cooking skills are abysmal I'm following her diet. The down side much less bread and junk food entering the body. The up side I'm probably about 50 pounds lighter.
    LOL and congrats on the weight loss, intentional or forced

I like bread, but have to limit my enjoyment of it. Went strict on my diet earlier this year and dropped about thirty pounds (which so far has stayed off) so I am loosening up a bit right now. But, if my weight starts creeping up again, the Bread Machine will have to go into a cupboard to rest for awhile

Prime Day Purchases
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Our bread machine gave out some time back and we never bothered to buy another. Home made bread is definitely over and above the common bread that you can buy in any bakery but at the same time it contains ingredients that tend to increase your girth. LOL.

My grandmother used to make homemade bread the old fashioned way. But back in those days there were no bread making machines.

Prime Day Purchases
    Home made bread is definitely over and above the common bread that you can buy in any bakery
    A retired friend of mine likes his bread and his horizontal bread machine but he also grinds most of the grains he uses, but uses the regular bread tins and bakes his bread in the oven as he dislikes the holes most of the bread machines leave in their loaves.

- Patrick
    ======

Prime Day Purchases
    Your Mac's Specs
    Well the Bread Machine arrived today along with a 40 page manual.

Prime Day Purchases
    Your Mac's Specs
    First loaf from the Bread Machine was outrageously good. Plus, I set up the 1TB Samsung T5 as a backup clone. CCC took just under 45 minutes to clone 550GB. I am impressed and very pleased with the performance

Thread Information