Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Joke of the Day (Warning some jokes may cause laughter)!!! :  )
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.14.2
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    Two Bob Monkhouse jokes. (For non-Brits, Bob Monkhouse was a household name in family comedy for over 50 years).

When I told people that I wanted to be a comedian, they all laughed. Well, they're not laughing now!

In much later life, he said this: I still get sex at 68. I live at number 70. It's a short walk.
    Reminds (in bold above) about a Furry Lewis story - he was an old Mississippi blues performer who was 'rediscovered in the 1960s, like many others.

He was a guest on the Tonight Show in the '70s, and Johnny Carson asked if he was married, he replied, ''What do I need with a wife as long as the other man's got one.'' Johnny about fell off his chair! Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

If I know anything about Louisiana, Sly, you were probably wondering how the Texan judges would fare in your part of the world.

You are quite right Kevin, and Louisiana is certainly well represented on this list and oddly enough, the only one with Texas and the name is 9. Texas Pete, But it seems to be based out of: Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

Power-ranking the 10 Best Hot Sauces on Earth
    The 10 Best Hot Sauces on Earth, Ranked - Thrillist

Anyway the chili joke is still funny and I'm sure my son and son-in-law would love to be judges there and I'm sure it would probably be mild Chili to them.

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.14.2
    Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    You are quite right Kevin, and Louisiana is certainly well represented on this list and oddly enough, the only one with Texas and the name is 9. Texas Pete, But it seems to be based out of: Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

Power-ranking the 10 Best Hot Sauces on Earth
    The 10 Best Hot Sauces on Earth, Ranked - Thrillist
    Hey Patrick - my home town (also famous for Krispy Kreme donuts) - Texas Pete (and other subsequent Garner Foods products) is quite popular here - there is even a yearly downtown festival! Dave
    Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.12.03 PM.png
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Quote Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
    Hey Patrick - my home town (also famous for Krispy Kreme donuts) - Texas Pete (and other subsequent Garner Foods products) is quite popular here - there is even a yearly downtown festival! Dave

Sounds good Dave.

I'll have to admit from my small experiences, but I don't think there are that many places in Canada that come close to the size and quality of BBQ cook-offs throughout the USA except maybe Alberta!! But I dare say you win with the amount and variety of BBQ sauces you have available. But a lot that we can buy up here are just too spicy HOT for my delicate mouth and stomach.

Hey, I just discovered that Sriracha Sauce is not a brand but a type of sauce!!!
    What is Sriracha and Why is Everyone Talking About it?

Enjoy that Winston-Salem Festival.

- Patrick
    ======

There was a very religious man. He prayed every day and never missed a religious event.

One day a great flood came upon his country. When the waters were a couple of inches high all over the land, a man in a Jeep came and asked him to come along with him and evacuate. He refused and said: "I believe that god will save his servant from this oppression."

He prayed all night to god. The next morning the water was a couple of feet high. A boat came by and the crew tried to take him with them. But he again refused to evacuate, saying that god would provide for him.

By next morning the waters rose and he had to seek refuge on his roof. A helicopter came, threw down a ladder, and offered to take him to safety, but again he refused assistance.

The waters continued to rise, and ultimately the religious man drowned.

Once in heaven, the religious man cried:
    "Oh God! Why didn't you save me?"

God's voice rumbled in answer:
    "YOU IDIOT! I SENT YOU A JEEP; I SENT YOU A BOAT; AND I SENT YOU A HELICOPTER!!!"
    Randy B. Singer
    Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
    Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

Thread Information