Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Superbowl
    Hey...just 2 days before the American Football Superbowl...and no discussion. How can that be?? Lol

Patriots or Rams?

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Superbowl

Your Mac's Specs
    2016 13" MBP 2.0 i5 250Gb SSD 8Gb Ram
    Being born and raised in the Philadelphia area, we are naturally avid Eagles fan. Since the Eagles are not in it this year gotta stick with the NFC representative...go Rams !

Superbowl

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Pro loaded, Mac Book, Mac Mini
    "... no discussion? How can that be?”

Probably because there’s little interest. One team doesn’t deserve to be there -- they got there by a fluke after losing to a better team; the other team got there on a coin flip and their QB’s an over-testosteroned jerk. I think the country should boycott this one.

Quote Originally Posted by IgorP View Post

Probably because there’s little interest. One team doesn’t deserve to be there -- they got there by a fluke after losing to a better team; the other team got there on a coin flip and their QB’s an over-testosteroned jerk. I think the country should boycott this one.
    Gee I hate it when forum members pull punches. Please just be honest with us about how you feel

I am getting tired of the Patriots being in the Super Bowl, so I guess I'll be cheering for the Rams
    -Jonathan
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) - 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012) - 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Remember, sports are entertainment, the games are played for a certain "time" period. The game should not be decided on a 00:01 second play, as there were 59:59, that also could have won or lost the game. The better team(s) won.

I haven't watched much football this season, maybe the last 3 games of the season, and the playoff games as well. Being from New England, I'll hope the Pats win Sunday night, but I'll enjoy the Boston Bruins game more, Sunday afternoon.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Superbowl
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    I have little-to-no idea what you're talking about; but I know it's important.

I have to say that my thoughts about the USA in the last few days have been dominated by the unprecedented and appalling weather. My hopes and wishes are directed to the many who have been, and still are, suffering.

Maybe the Superbowl will, in some measure, compensate for the misery by focussing the nation's attention on what is, I gather, a long established sporting treasure.

Good luck. May you have the good fortune to see your team win.

Ian
    Ian

Superbowl
    Quote Originally Posted by IgorP View Post

Which California team has been disappointing you all this time?

You can see which team I'll be rooting for from my profile picture.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    I am more a college football fan but I have to keep up with the NFL as my 86 year old mother is an avid sports fan. Our best conversations are about NFL games!

Anyway, both my teams lost in the last two games. I wanted the Saints and Chiefs. But for the big games I think I will be rooting for the Rams although I have rooted for the Patriots in past Superbowls. I do believe the teams are evenly matched. Brady has a lot of experience on his side which makes me believe it will tip in favor of the Patriots. I do like to cheer for the underdog!

Truthfully, I just want an exciting game with good refs and does not end with any controversy.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    I have little-to-no idea what you're talking about; but I know it's important.
    Totally understandable Ian. We have an awesome international membership here at Mac-Forums...thus American Football may only be familiar to "slice" of the members.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade, macOS Catalina,
    To me as an outsider, it seems as interesting as Trump v Clinton to many, many Americans.
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    You can see which team I'll be rooting for from my profile picture.
    Okay Ashwin.... Is this Tom Brady's farwell game? Retirement? At age 41, he still looks great.

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBPr 15in. 2018, 2.9GHz i9, 32 GB
    As a NY Giants fan....
    My 2nd favorite team, is ANYONE playing against the Cowpies
    My 3rd favorite team, is ANYONE playing against the Patsies
    Ergo,,, GO RAMS!!!

Superbowl
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Okay Ashwin.... Is this Tom Brady's farwell game? Retirement? At age 41, he still looks great.
    He had said 45, but I think if he wins this SB, it's a milestone that not many others will reach easily and he can think seriously about retiring. But my guess is that he will go for another season or two.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    I haven't been as disinterested in a Super Bowl as I am in this one in a long time. I am not rooting for either team, and I think it's a shame that bad calls by the refs had such an impact on which team became the NFC representative. It wasn't just one blown call, but another one the Saints had to overcome, with much less time to do so than on the previous one. It's just a shame when the fans watching on TV can make a better call than the refs. The NFL needs to fix that.

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    How many cameras/angles are on the field? There are only a certain amount of refs, and they have to watch everything going on. Yes, it was a bad missed call, but it was only one second of a sixty minute game. All the players on the field need to make their plays throughout the game.

Don't worry, in the future, when time travel is possible, all the past injustices will be fixed.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thread Information