Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superbowl

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    It's just a shame when the fans watching on TV can make a better call than the refs. The NFL needs to fix that.
    I have news for you... the NFL has to fix a lot more than bad calls. Enough said about that.

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2013 13" MBAir, 2010 MacPro, iPhone X
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I have news for you... the NFL has to fix a lot more than bad calls. Enough said about that.
    Amen - to NFL has a lot to fix and yes, enough said!

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Yes, it was a bad missed call, but it was only one second of a sixty minute game. All the players on the field need to make their plays throughout the game.
    That's the second time you've posted this. My post just above responded to the first one, and another post or two. But I feel the need to explain in more detail. Yes, that was one play, but not the only one that was blown and caused a problem for the Saints. Earlier in the game, a very similar missed interference penalty was not called when it should have been. That caused the Saints to have to give up the ball, a big gain, and a scoring opportunity. They overcame that, and regained or expanded the lead over the Rams. The second blown call was more crucial because they had much less time to overcome yet another obstacle. Without those two bad calls, the Saints might have scored two more times and turned the game into a blow out. It's still a problem for the NFL to fix, because they do have the technology available to get the calls right more often. Yes, the replay official sometimes makes a decision with his eyes closed, but they still get many bad calls corrected. This is one that should be subject to review, at least near the end of the game or even of both halves. The Saints demonstrated that they were the better team that day because of what it took to get into the position near the end with the lead and the ball. The refs gave the game to the Rams; they didn't deserve it.

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 Retina 4k iMac. High Sierra. 8GB Ram
    Blog Entries
    overpaid athletes that want to kneel and disrespect our flag and vets. that is why I have no interest in it. don't want talk politics so I'll just shut up now.

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    Quote Originally Posted by macgig View Post
    overpaid athletes that want to kneel and disrespect our flag and vets. that is why I have no interest in it. don't want talk politics so I'll just shut up now.
    Typically, that is not the reason for their kneeling.

Bob -

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

That was a good Super bowl win. Yes low scoring, but two defenses absolutely confusing the other offense. Brady didn't seem to figure things out quickly, but I think managed to sneak through a couple of key plays to make the win happen. I'll take win #6.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Yes...it was a real defensive battle. I think it was mentioned that this was the lowest scoring Superbowl ever.

Early on when the running game of the Patriots offense seemed to be doing whatever it wanted...it looked like the Patriots were going to squash the Rams. But when Brady's first pass (a high-percentage short pass) was intercepted...ugh-ohh...maybe this wasn't going to be as easy as it first seemed! Plus the early game easy missed field goal by the Patriots didn't help! Of course it wasn't until with only about 7 minutes left in the game when the Patriots scored the first touchdown of the game...did it actually look like we may have a winner.

To be honest though...the Rams defense was pretty awesome. Their pass defense seemed to be in all the right places at the right times...and the Rams defensive line REALLY kept the pressure on Brady almost the whole game. I think the #1 reason the Rams lost was the Rams young & inexperienced quarterback. It's possible the pressure of the big-game got to him.

Combine the Rams defense with a seasoned quarterback...and the end result may have been way different. Just my objective opinion. I'm neither a big Patriots or big Rams fan (I was routing for the Patriots). Being a west-coast team...I really have no idea what the Rams are all about anyway.

The half-time show stank...and wayyyy too many of the Superbowl commercials were boring boring boring! Too many of the commercials were going for the "feel-good" message...when I think the majority of Superbowl viewers want to laugh, smile, and chuckle at the funny & sometimes silly...super-expensive Superbowl commercials...rather than a bunch of super-serious feel-good commercials. My favorite Superbowl commercial was the one with Harrison Ford & the dog that could order stuff by barking with his special Alexa-based collar. And the T-Mobile commercials were pretty good too.

Here's the Harrison Ford & dog commercial. This is the long version...there's a short version too...but I couldn't find it (maybe it's not available yet). Fast forward to about the 25 second mark to see it...or watch the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-1h_C8ad8&t=29s

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    The half-time show stank...and wayyyy too many of the Superbowl commercials were boring boring boring! Too many of the commercials were going for the "feel-good" message...when I think the majority of Superbowl viewers want to laugh, smile, and chuckle at the funny & sometimes silly...super-expensive Superbowl commercials...rather than a bunch of super-serious feel-good commercials. My favorite Superbowl commercial was the one with Harrison Ford & the dog that could order stuff by barking with his special Alexa-based collar. And the T-Mobile commercials were pretty good too.
    The only commercial I remember, is the "chunky milk" commercial, and I don't even remember what it was really for?

I
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

The only commercial I remember, is the "chunky milk" commercial, and I don't even remember what it was really for?

I
    That commercial just made me cringe. All of the commercials were generally dumb, but the Alexa commercial with Harrison Ford was OK the first time.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    I think that's exactly the feedback companies that pay big-bucks for Superbowl commercials don't want to hear. I can recall a bunch of the commercials...they just weren't memorable or worth repeating to others...like great Superbowl commercials of the past were worthy of.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Yep, the only commercial that I enjoyed was the "Indiana Jones" and dog with Alexa. I almost didn't recognize Harrison Ford - I guess all those Indiana Jones and Star Wars adventures put the years on him.

Superbowl
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2013 13" MBAir, 2010 MacPro, iPhone X
    Well, I agree with Nick's analysis of the game. My short version is you could have napped the first three quarters - and through that half-time "show" then tuned in for the last quarter, especially the last seven minutes, and seen a couple of sweet plays by Brady. Still in all the two teams were well matched. Give the ram's quarterback more seasoning and next year might be a different outcome.

I did like the Budweiser commercials but trot out the Clydesdales and add a Dalmatian and I will love it! I am a sucker for animal commercials.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Thread Information