Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ill Health

Ill Health
    Your Mac's Specs
    See Signature
    Hoping and wishing you the best. Stay strong!
    iMitch

Late 2014 Mac Mini I5 1TB SATA 8GB RAM | Early 2014 MBA 13” I5 128GB SSD 4GB RAM | iPhone 5s 16GB | Apple TV 3 | Airport Extreme

Ill Health
    Your Mac's Specs
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    So sorry to hear the bad news. My grandmother battled Hodgkins Lymphoma for the last 20 years of her life. She'd get treatment, it'd go away for 4 or 5 years and show up somewhere else. Every time her hair grew back, it came back darker and thicker than before. So there's a silver lining.

Best wishes and will be praying for you and yours.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Ill Health
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    My grandmother battled Hodgkins Lymphoma for the last 20 years of her life. She'd get treatment, it'd go away for 4 or 5 years and show up somewhere else. Every time her hair grew back, it came back darker and thicker than before. So there's a silver lining.
    I've got no hair on top to speak of, but I don't think I'd want to go that route!

Ill Health
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 iMac 27" (10.14.4), 2018 MBA, (10.14.5), iPhone X, iPad 6 (12.3)
    mmmm a new hairline - that I would like :-)
    Johann Gambolputty de Von Ausfern....of Ülm

Ill Health
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
    Ah man, really hate to hear that. But I am sure you hate it more. I am really hoping that the treatments will help get you back to health. Will be following your blog..

Joe's Photo & Video Channel on YouTube
    Lightroom, Photoshop, FCP, Gear Reviews and more...
    ***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***

Ill Health
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.14.2
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyr View Post
    mmmm a new hairline - that I would like :-)
    Hi again Nick - wife & I had a couple of friends (now, both gals) who had chemotherapy - their hair did return differently (maybe the hair follicle genes were affected - just thinking like a physician) - but one had long red hair which came back brown & curly (at first many thought that it was a wig - ) - BUT, hoping the best for you - Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Ill Health
    All our best to you nickyr.

Ill Health
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 iMac 27" (10.14.4), 2018 MBA, (10.14.5), iPhone X, iPad 6 (12.3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodist View Post
    Ah man, really hate to hear that. But I am sure you hate it more. I am really hoping that the treatments will help get you back to health. Will be following your blog..
    cheers Joe

I always enjoy your blog - perhaps with time I can get mine as slick
    Johann Gambolputty de Von Ausfern....of Ülm

Your Health
    You have our deepest sympathies, we have a very good friend who has completed the rigours of a Stem Cell replacement. Thankfully, he is as healthy as one could ask. He is part of a world wide support group, unfortunately he is not a Mac supporter.
    If you would like to contact him, let me know and I will forward your data to him, he is a great person.
    You have a good one and take care.

Ill Health
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Hullo Nick

Along with all your other friends on the Forum, I wish you well. And I'm a medic (in the UK, like you).

I wonder if there was a practical side to your question which we could quietly address in a totally non-morbid way.

It would make sense to trust your nearest and dearest with those passwords which would allow them to access your Mac and account should there be a need to do so whilst you are in therapy, incapacitating as we all know that is. You may also be in hospital for a time.

Things like your admin PW, your Apple ID and the like, would make life easier for those required to answer emails and deal with all kinds of personal matters. Very frustrating to be locked out of your Mac at a time when they would deem it insensitive to approach you for these.

Please, please, don't take this the wrong way. I'm suggesting practicality.

My sincere best wishes to you.

Ian
    Ian

Serious best wishes from Prince Edward Island! Google us!
    The Rusty Rover

I don't know you but just happened upon this thread. I'm a cancer survivor too. Wishing you a thorough recovery.

In the key of C,
    Hey Nickr, your situation kinda puts a different lens on the world and the all the people and all the toys in it don't it?
    What prayers can do they can do better with a can-do attitude. You seem to be one with a PMA.

I have not gone to your blog-yet-I'm actually in the oncologist waiting room here in Maplewood, MN, USA. I'm a 67 year old musician, blues, lived the life since the day I left home at 16. 50 some years?, What ever, never was good at math I better at MAC.

My Cancer is ON MY VOCAL chord, yup, no more singing the blues—so when I sing again I will be singing a different tune. That's what I can do, I can learn from the playback of all the things I said in the past, the way I said them and why I said them.

I'm taking too much space here, but found it, once again, a spiritual thing, finding YOU and your story here in a place I only expected to find 0's and1 stuff.

Nickr, I pray you stay looking toward the light and that light shines the way for you to the healing place, to wholeness and a way to pay forward what you learn on your journey.

Multiple Myeloma
    Hi Nick,

My mother had this diagnosis in 1980. No one else I knew had it until a few years ago. They gave her 6 mos., she lived 8 yrs. She was able to be at my wedding and play with my two daughters! I'm 63 now, 2 yrs. ago we moved to a new state and a 100 yr. old house. Next door, two wonderful people live in another ancient house.

Chris is the husband; he has Multiple Myeloma. This man and his amazing wife are extraordinary. She married him because (and this was years before he was ill) he has an irrepressible joy for life. He has such exuberance people are drawn to him. The illness hasn't dulled him a bit. He's a favorite.

Nick, find a Chris. Better yet, I'll put you in touch. Let me know. I'll be praying for you and your loved ones. No matter how long any of us has, we're still here for all kinds of important reasons. Celebrate the festival of finding them.

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by nickyr View Post
    Hi everyone

Depressing thread time I'm afraid.

After suffering with a bad back for around 3 months I finally saw my GP and arranged an x ray. After investigations at hospital it turns out I have multiple myeloma - cancer of my bone marrow.

This as you can imagine has turned out to be devastating for me but more so for my family and friends.

I am looking forward (if that's the right way of putting it) to 12 weeks of chemotherapy, a stem cell transplant and then hopefully a remission. The cancer is treatable only so will return at some stage in the future but I'm not thinking about that.

If you like, you can follow my blog at during the meanwhilst

It's not all about doom, gloom and illness but more a sideways glance at life now I've a chance and the time to think about things!

If anyone here has gone or had a relative or friend go through the same illness and would like to share any expreriences please let me know.

Thanks everyone.
    Nick all the very best. This stuff does work. They are the words of my wife's oncologist. She is on her 5th of 6 sessions of chemo after three she had another CT scan and the good news is her lung tumour has shrunk quite dramatically and 5 spots on her liver of which 4 have gone and the 5th has reduced from 17mm to 4mm so Nick we as a family went from fear and trepidation to sheer delight.You seem a very forward looking chap and I believe that has something to do with a successeful treatment the body follows the brain so to speak. Good on you mate and I pray that you soon get good news. Johnnie

Thread Information