Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Made the switch away from iPhone. My experience.
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    It's a little boring until I got my iPhone 5. Doesn't help that a lot of people have the same phone though. >_>"
    My sediments exactly

I have just 1 question though . . . . .

How much have you spent on replacing all your iPhone Apps to Android Apps ??
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    My sediments exactly

I have just 1 question though . . . . .

That's a good question. One that I don't want to think about. >_<"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Your Mac's Specs
    yeahhhh...might need to look at my signature
    First, I forgot to mention I like your new avatar.

Second, so far, $0.00. The pricing for the same app can vary from iOS to Android, and because of this, I've gotten all the apps I wanted from my iPhone for free. There are some apps that I wouldn't want to install on my N2 since I already have it on the iPhone, and those include $ and free apps, which I didn't even bother checking for the Android version's cost. What also helps Android's case is I can download apps from multiple sources, unlike the iPhone single source of legal apps through the App store.

This was actually one of the issues I thought I would have when deciding to switch. When thinking of switching, I had always rolled in the cost of transferring apps along with the cost of a new Android phone. It has not been an issue at all, especially when iOS apps fluctuate from costing money to being free during certain times. I thought I would have to pay so much money because I would have to pay for apps that I had been saving for more than 3 years.

I'm going to guess that it would be a safe bet to make on the average person spending more money on case/screen protection than will on apps. I have 119 apps on my iPhone, and I probably don't want to know how much I've spent since I had my first iPhone, but I still find it odd that there is such a discrepancy in app prices from iOS to Android. All my N2 apps are downloaded via Google Play Store(the Android version of the iOS App Store).
    3.0GHz 10x Mac Pro 6.13.46GHz 6x Mac Pro 5.12.66GHz 4x Mac Pro 4.12.2GHz i7 15" MBP 15.12.3GHz i7 15" MBP 11.32.8GHz i7 13" MBP 11.12.66Ghz i7 15"MBP 6.22.4GHz 15" MBP 5.12.4GHz 13" MBP 7.1

Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by iggibar View Post
    First, I forgot to mention I like your new avatar.
    Thanks iggi

Second, so far, $0.00.
    Thats interesting . . . . . But . . . .

I have 119 apps on my iPhone, and I probably don't want to know how much I've spent since I had my first iPhone, but I still find it odd that there is such a discrepancy in app prices from iOS to Android.
    This is what I'm more interested in. Since having your iPhone from day dot, and what you have spent on Apps, would you need to over time, buy those same Apps on android to fill that need that you had on your iPhone.

Only time will tell i suppose
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Your Mac's Specs
    This is what I'm more interested in. Since having your iPhone from day dot, and what you have spent on Apps, would you need to over time, buy those same Apps on android to fill that need that you had on your iPhone.

Only time will tell i suppose
    I literally went through every single app in my iTunes inventory to make sure I got an android version. As of right now, there are no apps remaining on my iPhone that I want transferred onto my Note 2(that I can download), and with all the apps I've downloaded, it has cost me $0.00. The are 2 apps that are iOS only(iMovie/Pages) that I can't download that would cost me money. I've downloaded more than 300 apps total(including iPad apps), but only 119 of those remain in my iTunes app inventory. Out of those apps, there are a bunch I don't really want/care fort. If I actually went through the process of downloading every single app that I've ever purchased, it would undoubtedly have to pay me something, unless I downloaded them illegally.

I believe it also depends on your download habits. I rarely jump into paying money for random apps. If I pay for it, I do so because I know I like it, or because it's on sale. The majority of my apps were free, and the majority of my paid apps are for the iPad. There is only a handful or two of paid apps for the iPhone. I would give up all my apps for iTether to exist on Android. I was lucky enough to get it in the Apps Store and would love for it to work on Android

I'm sure I can't be the only person with an input on this topic.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Fieldrunners 2 is not on Android yet. That was a let down
    3.0GHz 10x Mac Pro 6.13.46GHz 6x Mac Pro 5.12.66GHz 4x Mac Pro 4.12.2GHz i7 15" MBP 15.12.3GHz i7 15" MBP 11.32.8GHz i7 13" MBP 11.12.66Ghz i7 15"MBP 6.22.4GHz 15" MBP 5.12.4GHz 13" MBP 7.1

Your Mac's Specs
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    I'm totally was in iggibar's shoes considering an iPhone 5 for my next phone, but ended up just not being that excited about getting another iPhone. I went to an extreme and beyond as a Apple user and did actually get an WP8.

Just promise you won't tar and feather me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your Mac's Specs
    16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
    Tar is heating . . . now where can I find some feathers?
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
    I'm totally was in iggibar's shoes considering an iPhone 5 for my next phone, but ended up just not being that excited about getting another iPhone. I went to an extreme and beyond as a Apple user and did actually get an WP8.

Just promise you won't tar and feather me!
    Looks pretty neat. How do you like it so far?
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Your Mac's Specs
    Looks evil with red tiles

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Yep, what do you think - I've been looking at the 920 vs an android phone.

Can you stream Amazon video content?

Only thing stopping me is 1Password.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
    Tar is heating . . . now where can I find some feathers?
    I knew it!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    Looks pretty neat. How do you like it so far?
    I'm still falling in love with my phone. It's a bit refreshing having a different OS. I'm not really missing any apps that I use regularly on my iPhone. I just need weather, news, RSS reader, reddit app, Evernote, Facebook, and Twitter. And I have all those on my WP8. And if I really need an iOS app, I still have my iPad.

I love that WP8 is more of an information-centric phone rather than an app-centric one with static icons. The WP8 live tiles are amazing! It's really cool scrolling through icons that are pulling info from the internet or update statues from friends that I want and displaying it on an icon. Sometimes I just turn on my phone and look at the icons for what I need and turn it back off.

Your Mac's Specs
    Looks evil with red tiles
    I can change the color to pink if you like?

Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    Yep, what do you think - I've been looking at the 920 vs an android phone.

Can you stream Amazon video content?

Only thing stopping me is 1Password.
    The Nokia 920 is a pretty amazing phone. I'd love to have one, but I'm with VZW and the 920 is exclusive to ATT. My friend has a 920 and he highly recommends it, he even switched carriers to get it. And the Nokia WP8 phones come with some nice Nokia software. For example, only the Nokia phones have the Drive app which has voice navigation on it I believe, which is no additional cost. The HTC WP8 comes with NZ Navigator which is a monthly fee.

And there is no Instant Video app for WP8 nor streaming through the website as WP8 doesn't have flash. There's always Netflix as another alternative since that's on the WP8.

1Password is definitely a deal breaker!

Your Mac's Specs
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    Competition is good and I do like playing with my friends different phones but so far there is no way I would give up my iPhone 5.

Your Mac's Specs
    1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
    So - The iPhone 5 is a nice upgrade from the iPhone 4. Siri seems to mostly work - but it does get stuck every now and then. It is much faster and having double the space is nice as well. I am finally not hitting headroom issues on my phone with Music and Video.

What I've noticed about Apple is - as mentioned in the thread before - is the phone is boring. It happened whenever I upgrade any piece of Apple equipment - it is the most boring thing. When I upgraded my wife from an original MBA to one of the new i7 MBAs - the first thing she said when I handed it to her fully restored from a time machine backup was - Is this the new computer? Apple has made it super easy to go to the next hardware in line without skipping a beat. With the iPhone 5 basically after iTunes was done with it - the first thing I noticed is I have an extra row for icons - but all my folders and apps were exactly as I had them on the iPhone 4.

I must be getting old too - because I am rather pleased with how boring it was to upgrade. That being said - I do miss sitting down to a clean piece of hardware and setting it up the way I like it. I guess I could become adventurous and select -> Setup as a new iPhone! Maybe next rev.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
    I can change the color to pink if you like?
    I actually meant it as a compliment, as apposed to the lame blue/green that is always advertised.

Thread Information