Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reached My GOAL

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    CR, what worked for me is 3 meals a day at pretty exact times, no Fast food, all fish and turkey for meat and lots of Vegetables. Also very little pasta of any kind. NO SNACKS at all. No Sodas at all. Once my weight went down a bit I was able to exercise a lot also which helped.

I went from 255 to 150. Am 5' 8". 150 for me is right and I felt like a young kid. Can walk for 10 miles each way full speed and hardly get tired. Before the diet one block and I was ready to give up!

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    The #1 thing folks trying to reduce daily calories should 100% avoid...is calorie containing beverages!

If folks wanted only to cut one thing out of their daily diets...high calorie beverages is the thing (sodas, juices, energy drinks, kool-aid, alcohol & beer, etc.). There are even studies that say drinking low-cal or zero-cal beverages is not really helpful either.

Substitute water for all of these beverages...and folks would be surprised how many calories can be saved in a day.

Me...I'm almost addicted to kool-aid, soda, cakes, and cookies. But I balance out those calories consumed with working out 7 days a week.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    The #1 thing folks trying to reduce daily calories should 100% avoid...is calorie containing beverages!

If folks wanted only to cut one thing out of their daily diets...high calorie beverages is the thing (sodas, juices, energy drinks, kool-aid, alcohol & beer, etc.). There are even studies that say drinking low-cal or zero-cal beverages is not really helpful either.

Substitute water for all of these beverages...and folks would be surprised how many calories can be saved in a day.

Me...I'm almost addicted to kool-aid, soda, cakes, and cookies. But I balance out those calories consumed with working out 7 days a week.

- Nick
    Agreed 100% on the drinks. That really helped but with me I had to be very careful with food also. I mostly drink water and some flavored water. Nothing else except for the occasional Diet Sierra Mist with dinner at a Restaurant. Otherwise no sodas. I never did alcohol at all so that was not an issue for me. For my Inner Ear issue I had to cut Sodium almost completely out of my diet as well as all caffeine. Feel 100% better after all that.

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    CR, what worked for me is 3 meals a day at pretty exact times, no Fast food, all fish and turkey for meat and lots of Vegetables. Also very little pasta of any kind. NO SNACKS at all. No Sodas at all. Once my weight went down a bit I was able to exercise a lot also which helped.

I went from 255 to 150. Am 5' 8". 150 for me is right and I felt like a young kid. Can walk for 10 miles each way full speed and hardly get tired. Before the diet one block and I was ready to give up!
    I'm slightly taller than you. I'm 5'8.5" or 9" now. My last weight in last month was 156lbs. I was 150 the month before that. I started doing weight training twice a day and cardio 4 days a week and one rest day.

I haven't been eating healthy though. Been eating mostly del taco. >_<"

I don't drink soda or Beer. Just milk, water, green tea and occassion lemonade.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
    I only drink

Almond Milk
    SOBE Water zero cal
    Viatamin ZERO water
    Plain Water
    Crystal Light
    Decaf Coffee

Diet coke and all those diet drinks will hurt you more than help

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    I'm slightly taller than you. I'm 5'8.5" or 9" now. My last weight in last month was 156lbs. I was 150 the month before that. I started doing weight training twice a day and cardio 4 days a week and one rest day.

I haven't been eating healthy though. Been eating mostly del taco. >_<"

I don't drink soda or Beer. Just milk, water, green tea and occassion lemonade.
    I started P90X to turn rest of fat into muscle my next goal is 20lbs of muscle which is actually harder than losing weight

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
    I started P90X to turn rest of fat into muscle my next goal is 20lbs of muscle which is actually harder than losing weight
    Probably going to have to end up doing that. I had like 30% body fat before I started doing cardio 4 times a week and weight training. Down to like 22%.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    That is so cool! Good for you, man!

I'm impressed with your newfound discipline. You didn't even need to go on Biggest Loser. You have literally added years to your life. I'm very happy for you. Health is so darn important and controlling what we eat (being reasonable) is such an easy way to promote good health. ...and of course regular exercise.
    Keep up the routine.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    That is so cool! Good for you, man!

I'm impressed with your newfound discipline. You didn't even need to go on Biggest Loser. You have literally added years to your life. I'm very happy for you. Health is so darn important and controlling what we eat (being reasonable) is such an easy way to promote good health. ...and of course regular exercise.
    Keep up the routine.
    thanks so much!

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
    Well done!

It's hard to lose weight and as a lot of people can atest to; it is hard to stay committed long enough to show a result like that!

Reached My GOAL

Your Mac's Specs
    13'' mid 2009 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6 GB Ram Samsung V4 256 GB
    Congrats on your weight loss, i myself have not been as lucky. still trying and hope to someday see results such as yours

Reached My GOAL

Your Mac's Specs
    27" Screen 2560x1440, 3.1 Ghz Quad Core Intel, 4Gb of 1333Mhz SD RAM, 1TB HDD, Wireless K
    I'm impressed, well done buddy
    Hope you didn't tell the wife you felt like a new man.......she might have agreed and said she did too!! (LOL)
    If what is said is not what is meant....
    .....Then what should be done remains undone

Reached My GOAL
    Your Mac's Specs
    15" Macbook Pro i7 2.2 8GB Ram
    Congrats. That is awesome!! I've just started after years of abusing my body to lose weight and get back in shape. Really glad you shared that. It's really inspiring !

No obstacle should be impossible to overcome now! Well done! Kind of ironic - the caption above the picture you posted says "This image has been resized". lol

Gary

Very very very awesome. you look great!

Thread Information