Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Good to have you with us, mattymac. There is great potential for learning here from other people's problems even if things are running well for you. But if you do get a problem, post it.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Welcome Richard. 72 years is barely out of the paediatric group! It's only a number and Apple understands this because most of its products are plug-in-and-go; fairly intuitive anyway.

And that's why we're here, to help you in any way we can. There is no such thing as a silly question, so ask away.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 13" Retina 8GB
    Hi all, I should have posted my introduction before (already posted 5 times...sorry) but only now did I get my first Mac - MacBook Pro Retina 13". I'm from Portugal and after some 30 years on Windows I'm now an happy Mac member. I have some experience with iPhone and iPad but almost zero experience with Mac computers. So I'm sure I will be bothering you all with some questions...
    Right now I'm really enjoying my new machine and wondering why it took me all these years to join the Mac family.
    Thank you.

Your Mac's Specs
    Welcome acdc and if handle the Mac as well as you handle the English language, you'll have no trouble at all.

Should you need help, here we are.

Ian
    Ian

I'm not a new member, but I am a stupid one. Bless me father, it's been 3 years since I owned a Mac.

On July 18 I bought a Dell laptop. On day 2 half the keyboard stopped working. Dell sent out a tech, replaced keyboard. 2 days later the same thing happens. Tech comes out with a motherboard and a new keyboard. The next day it happened again.

I told Dell I wanted a different model computer with Windows 10 already installed and do not send me a refurb. Well, they sent me a refurb but by then I figured out that a battery pull fixed the problem. I sent it back to them, called before I sent it telling them exactly what I'm doing and the reason why. I purchased 2 additional years of support when I bought the computer.

There was an update for back up software, which you pay separately for and I could not download it. I called Dell and the machine said sorry, your numbers are not recognized. I spent 2 additional hours on the phone talk to 5 people and finally got someone who could help me. I could barely hear him and his English was poor due to a heavy accent. He put me on hold a number of times then guess what? The call dropped or he hung up.

So I went to Twitter @DellCares explained everything to them. My computer was registered with the number of the replacement they sent me. I told them I was furious and I wanted this taken care of by Noon the next day. The next day they said someone would be calling me shortly. Call me? Why, everything was in the DM. Noon came and went, no phone call came until 4:00 pm that day.

I ignored the call because I was migrating the dell to my Mac Book Pro. That's right, I was so upset I said eff this stuff and got myself a Mac.

I may be asking questions from time to time, I think the last OS was Lion or Tiger lol. So I'm having a little trouble crossing over, I've already updated to El Capitan. Had a little problem with that but googled my way to a solution.

It's just so great to have a Mac and no stupid person asking me if there was anything she could do, because when I did I got sent to worthless websites.

A long intro, thanks to the few who read it.
    Proud Owner Of the TiVo Romeio, 4 and 6 tuner models
    MacBook Pro, 15" screeen El Capitan I just loves it so much! iPhone 6, iPad Air, Apple Watch

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Welcome back. Actually, I'm surprised you remembered your user name and password.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Welcome to all our new members. ai'm sure you will enjoy your time here.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2011 MacBook Pro 15, 2.26GHz I7, 6gb , 500gb
    Greetings. I'm so new my MacBook Pro isn't in my hands yet. Arrives Friday. This will be my first MacBook but not my first apple product. Also have has several iPhones and have an iPad as well. I've already been helped with a ram question by several nice people here. Thanks everyone.

iPhone 6
    iPad 2 wifi
    MacBook Pro, Late 2011, 15" MD318LL/A
    Gregg
    Waukesha, WI USA
    15" MacBook Pro, Late 2011 edition
    6gb Ram, 500gb hard drive, AMD Graphics

Hello everyone. New member from Texas here.
    I'm a long time PC user and have worked on and supported them in the past. I bought a Mac Mini in 2011 and used it for a while but went back to my PC that I built in about 2005. The PC started flaking out on me recently so I took the plunge and bought a new 27" iMac. The Mac Mini sits across the room on another desk. I look forward to learning about Macs.
    Last edited by Steve V.; 12-02-2015 at 11:45 PM.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Welcome to our forums. Always good to have another Texan on board!

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Welcome Steve. What part of Texas are you from?
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve V. View Post
    I bought a Mac Mini in 2011 and used it for a while but went back to my PC that I built in about 2005. The PC started flaking out on me recently so I took the plunge and bought a new 27" iMac. The Mac Mini sits across the room on another desk.
    Welcome Steve. You certainly made a greater commitment to Apple/Mac computers by getting a 27" iMac! Not sure why previously you went from using a 2011 Mac-Mini back to your 2005 Windows computer. But now that you seem committed to Apple computers again…get that 2011 Mac-Mini back in operation as well (if it isn't already)!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    Welcome Steve. What part of Texas are you from?
    I'm from the Houston area. The Mac Mini is up and running and updated. It's actually on my hobby table/desk. When I first got it I didn't really spend enough time to learning the "Mac" way so I went back to the PC. This time I'm committed to learning and using the Macs. We're going back to the iPhones when our plan allows it also. The speed of the camera on the iPhones is superior to the Samsung Galaxy S5. Now if I could just find a couple of grand laying around to replace my laptop with a Macbook Pro.

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve V. View Post
    Now if I could just find a couple of grand laying around to replace my laptop with a Macbook Pro.
    I don't want to get into too much detail here (since it's the intro member thread). But depending on what your looking for in a MacBook Pro…a 13" model starts at $1299 (current refurbished offerings are as low as $829). Then you could always go the used route…and spend even less.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Hi from South Africa,looking forward to gaining knowledge from the pros🍻

Thread Information