Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Iphone on Verizon Wireless
    Hi all. I am relatively new here and I was just wondering who actually believes all this iphone on verizon hype?

Your Mac's Specs
    3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
    Not I....

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP i5 500GB 4GB, iPhone 3GS, 160GB Classic, 40GB ATV, 16GB iPad WiFi
    I'll believe it when I have an iPhone ringing from my verizon wireless number. Until then, it's hogwash.

- Mike
    Everything was meant to be taken apart.

Your Mac's Specs
    iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
    It'll happen eventually. When? I have no clue. I have a feeling it won't be this year.

Your Mac's Specs
    Macbook Pro 13"
    I hope it's true.

I would love to see the iPhone come to all of the carriers in the US. If that happened, it would likely be the death to most smart phones (except, maybe, Android).

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
    The closer it gets to the end of my Verizon one year contract, the closer I come to wanting to believe. I'm sure that if it were to actually come to pass, we wouldn't hear anything official until Mr. Steve takes the stage at the MacWorld this Spring. It's a major enough announcement though that perhaps it would warrant it's own mysterious and spontaneous Apple press conference...
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

I think it will and hopefully it will be this year. I can't see Apple staying with ATT much longer. There is more money to be made out there and it can be done with multiple carriers.

Well, I don't think we will know for sure until January. I picked a Verizon technical support Representative for information by simply playing dumb on the phone with her by purposely confusing an ipad with an iphone and she said "We are currently testing the new iphone on our network (which network 3g or LTE???) and we will not know anything until January when the experts have finished testing. The ipad is already available in our stores."

So think its official. Apple will make it happen!!!!

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
    I have a feeling it won't be this year.
    Well no crap. Just giving you a hard time. I think if it doesnt happen by the end of next year, then it wont happen for a long time. ATT just bough a bunch of towers from Qualcomm ($2.1 billion) so I think Apple is going to wait and see how well that helps ATT's coverage before they decide to talk to Verizon.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
    It'll happen eventually. When? I have no clue. I have a feeling it won't be this year.
    Why would it happen eventually? Why would it happen at all? It's really up to Apple and if they don't want it to happen, it's not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    Why would it happen eventually? Why would it happen at all? It's really up to Apple and if they don't want it to happen, it's not gonna happen.
    Business wise it makes total sense. Once the ATT contract is up why wouldn't you want to get your phone on to other carriers and reach those customers that don't want to move to ATT?

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFlake View Post
    Business wise it makes total sense. Once the ATT contract is up why wouldn't you want to get your phone on to other carriers and reach those customers that don't want to move to ATT?
    You don't know a lot about Apple, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    You don't know a lot about Apple, do you?
    I know enough to know that they want to survive and maintain whatever headway they have made in the industry. Lots of people said that the phone leaked was not the iPhone4 but it was....

I think we ill see it happen soon.

Well it should have been released already, so I am doubtful.

Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
    I agree that it is bound to happen eventually.

Likewise, I agree that if apple wants to stay on top of this game, they need to bring it to more carriers.

The primary reason that android has become such a powerhouse, no matter what other advantages or disadvantages it may have compared to apple, is because the iphone isn't available on other carriers. I mean, it's a very viable alternative, superior in some ways, even, and for those who don't want to make the switch, the decision is obvious. Now, with the standing that android has, people on ATT see these sexy devices, as well, and may switch to those. Possibly even switch carriers, considering the network issues they've had.

I truly believe that if the iphone were brought to all carriers, it would mean a swift death for android. The hottest gadget on the planet, available universally, and putting an end to the network clogging, by spreading out iPhone users across the different carriers, as opposed to the one.

Plus, you have to remember, even though Steve Jobs is "the man" at apple, they are still a publicly traded company, with a board of directors and many investors to answer to. While he has a lot of pull, in the end, the bottom line is what matters, and his job is to make sure they create quality products while increasing the value of shares by increasing profits.

Now that we've established it makes sense to do, the question is when, and how. Will it only be Verizon they move to? Will there be an announcement for the much-rumored January?

Those questions are still unanswered, but many, many bits of evidence have surfaced (though admittedly nothing concrete). The rumors, over the last 6 months have heated up increasingly, especially with apple teaming with verizon to sell the ipad, and the verizon CEO giving little winks and nudges.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the iphone will be available on verizon (and possibly others) in 2011...sometime. I'll stop short of saying January, because that's right down the road and there is no indication, either way that an announcement is coming.

I would not be surprised, however, to hear of an announcement sometime in 2011...and January isn't necessarily out of the question.
    "That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"

Thread Information