Woz on dancing with the stars

Your Mac's Specs
    1 prev. gen MB with a 350hd. 1 20inch previous iMac. Both run SL jailbroken 1st gen ipod touc. &3g i
    People we need to vote him through. use all your text votes and internet ones!!1

the number is: 1 800 868 3410
    ATT text VOTE to 3410

Your Mac's Specs
    2018 MacBook Air / Core i5 @ 1.6GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD
    Meh... so we need to vote him through to propagate yet another desperate cry for attention from a has-been, second rate engineer from the 70's who happened to have one of the luckiest partnerships outside of Gates and Ballmer.

Sorry, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but the latest shenanigans with "The Woz" are growing tiresome.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Your Mac's Specs
    1 prev. gen MB with a 350hd. 1 20inch previous iMac. Both run SL jailbroken 1st gen ipod touc. &3g i
    WEll how is this a cry for attention, he didn't ask to be on, he was picked. did you even think that really without him you might not be on the computer you are on right now? I hate the expression, rain on your parade. Im not having a parade, but it is raining here and supposed to snow 5 inches

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by mjb94 View Post
    WEll how is this a cry for attention, he didn't ask to be on, he was picked. did you even think that really without him you might not be on the computer you are on right now? I hate the expression, rain on your parade. Im not having a parade, but it is raining here and supposed to snow 5 inches
    Doubtful. Woz's primary claim to fame was the Apple I, which was much like most of the other home brew computers in the mid-70's. The difference is that Steve Jobs marketed it and made it a commercial product. Woz had a hand in designing the Apple II, but that was a mostly also-ran product. The real innovation at the time was happening elsewhere.

It's sad that revisionist history with a heavy bias to Silicon Valley is what has managed to make it's way into the history books. The computers that really had a hand in pushing the envelope and making the modern multitasking, multimedia, GUI driven machines we use today were not designed by Apple and certainly didn't have any contribution from Steve Wozniak.

As far as a cry for attention, between Woz's egomanical autobiography, his laughable "relationship" (read media stunt) with Kathy Griffin, blatherings about the death of the iPod, and now this stunt (which I find it hard to believe the producers just dug him up out of nowhere), I guess I'm getting tired of seeing his name in the news held with any degree of reverence.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    and now this stunt (which I find it hard to believe the producers just dug him up out of nowhere),
    Oh they didn't just happen to dig him up from obscurity (where he belongs, BTW)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interview with Woz
    Wozniak is not the first technoguy on the show. As you may remember he was preceded by Mark Cuban. In fact it's being reported Cuban is the reason Woz is there!

" Mark Cuban, the guy who referred me to the show..."
    SOURCE

So we can thank the tool, Mark Cuban for this.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Your Mac's Specs
    Nice find. I figured as much.

Your Mac's Specs
    iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
    I think this might be in part to deal with Steve Jobs stepping down temporary.

Your Mac's Specs
    Sooper Fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjb94 View Post
    I'm at work. They're making us use P IV HPs.
    Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
    Capitol Sound Blog

Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    It's sad that revisionist history with a heavy bias to Silicon Valley is what has managed to make it's way into the history books. The computers that really had a hand in pushing the envelope and making the modern multitasking, multimedia, GUI driven machines we use today were not designed by Apple and certainly didn't have any contribution from Steve Wozniak.
    To build on this, it's a shame that many people don't acknowledge the contributions that Xerox has made to the computer industry. IIRC, they develop the GUI and the mouse. We have the Xerox PARC to thank for these inventions.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    To build on this, it's a shame that many people don't acknowledge the contributions that Xerox has made to the computer industry. IIRC, they develop the GUI and the mouse. We have the Xerox PARC to thank for these inventions.
    Xerox PARC was a think tank for many of the technologies we take for granted today, including the GUI. They didn't make it a commercial success (Apple is credited with that), but the concept was generated there.

Apple, Commodore, Atari and a number of others drew their inspiration from Xerox PARC, each of them developing their own variations on the same theme in order to avoid any IP conflicts. But in my view, it was Commodore that really drove the innovations we enjoy today. Between the Commodore 64, which is still one of the best selling computers of all time and the Amiga, they had the best and most innovative technology of the infancy of the PC. It's a shame that they couldn't market themselves out of a paper bag (which is one of the biggest reasons for Apple's and Microsoft's success). It's a shame that they have been relegated to a footnote in the history of the PC - and much of that is because they were Silicon Valley outsiders.

Chuck Peddle, Bill Herd, Jay Miner, Carl Sassenrath, Dave Haynie and too many other Commodore engineers are the people I think deserve the credit for the actual innovation that drove the success of the PC.

As an aside, for anyone who is interest in the history of early PCs, I HIGHLY recommend On The Edge: The Spectacular Rise and Fall of Commodore. Looks like it's out of print right now, but if you can find, beg or borrow it, it's a great and very interesting read.

EDIT: Looks like this is about to go into its second printing, with a new title: Amazon.com: The Commodore Story: A Company on the Edge: Brian Bagnall: Books

Your Mac's Specs
    iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
    I have to agree with cwa Commodore was the one company that was WAY ahead of any other computer company, they were the highlight of the whole expansion of computer but because of there greed the company spiraled downwards. If there greed had not gotten in the way, I bet for the most part that we would all be on Commodore's.

Thread Information