Thread: Weird question.

Desolate One
    Question Weird question.

Okay, now say there was a way to go back in time and you ended up changing something which ended up drastically altering the course of history from that point on. As a result your great grandfolks weren't born thus never married to conceive one of your grand parents, parents never exited, and so you were never realized. Now with you not in the equation and unable to repeat your folly, does the time travel event never take place hurtling you back where you started? Or do you think you would just evaporate but the events will remain unchanged as is after your meddling since you existed outside of space/time?

A pickle indeed. Thoughts?

Weird question.
    Your Mac's Specs
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.7.5 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.11.6 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Let me see, that would be Back to the Future, Time Cop, The Matrix, The Terminator and Time Changer. As The One might work, but I think it is a stretch, thou.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Where did you think of that ? lol

Weird question.
    Your Mac's Specs
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    hmm, its a vicious circle aint it. theoretically, undoing your own creation would stop with you not existing, but that would also mean youd never time travel and screw up anything.
    a toughy.
    I think that ultimately, youd just never exist and that would be the end of it.

Desolate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Macman
    hmm, its a vicious circle aint it. theoretically, undoing your own creation would stop with you not existing, but that would also mean youd never time travel and screw up anything.
    a toughy.
    I think that ultimately, youd just never exist and that would be the end of it.
    And a bitter fate it would be.

vuschejan
    Quote Originally Posted by Desolate One
    And a bitter fate it would be.
    Option A: (Probably what Macman said I just put it in easier to understand)
    You would never go back in time, because you would never exist, therefore, if you do exist, you know that you never went back in time and screwed it up because it is impossible.

Danster
    well to travel back in time you just gotta get to the point of light speed which is no easy task but i heard that scientist in some top reserch facility have zapped subatomic particles into the future (they vanish then reappare in 1 second)

Desolate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Danster
    well to travel back in time you just gotta get to the point of light speed which is no easy task but i heard that scientist in some top reserch facility have zapped subatomic particles into the future (they vanish then reappare in 1 second)
    I was reading a quantum physics book by Wolf and he mentioned creating a ring of neutron stars to sling shot around to get to the required velocity. Yah, after that it's "easy". :bone:

Weird question.
    Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
    Nothing happens, really. I've been there! lien:

philsharp
    you wouldn't cease to exist because actually none of you exist at all!

You are all just a figment of my imagination

..**** this straitjacket, "nurse where are my pills"...

Weird question.
    Your Mac's Specs
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Talking
    The Internet really is a drug...some people even get hallucination and very strange ideas here...

Thread Information