Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    What have you been playing lately?
    Your Mac's Specs
    iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun raney View Post
    Why not just get a Warmoth scalloped neck?
    I'm cheap besides I love coming out of my garage covered in saw dust.

Your Mac's Specs
    Custom PC
    Scalloped necks are nice... There was a guy in my area recently selling a Warmoth birds-eye maple scalloped neck for $75.. Brand new..

I'm now kicking myself of course for not buying it. It would've suited my Tele perfectly.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArt View Post
    Scalloped necks are nice... There was a guy in my area recently selling a Warmoth birds-eye maple scalloped neck for $75.. Brand new..

I'm now kicking myself of course for not buying it. It would've suited my Tele perfectly.
    After I played my first scalloped neck guitar I have been wanting one for awhile, so as of right now I'm just doing my strat and after awhile going to hit it up for my Tele(partscaser.)

Your Mac's Specs
    Custom PC
    Awesome.. What kind of file are you using to do the job? Just a typical, round wood file?

Your Mac's Specs
    I'm using a standard 1/4" file and increasing the size as I move up the frets to the larger size. After I finished filing the fret I sand it starting from 200 grit sandpaper up to 800 for a nice smooth finish then use tung oil to apply the finish coat. I think you could also use a dremel and the sandpaper tool thingy for them for the larger frets.

Edit: Here is the site I got some of the info for what I was doing. Project Guitar :: How to Scallop a guitar neck

picked up [PROTOTYPE] for the PS3 a couple days ago.

i am very impressed with this game, plays a bit like a spiderman game in terms of the freedom of movement in a large city. you get to jump and glide from place to place, and no drop, no matter how high can kill you - as a matter of fact, dropping from very high places results in an amazingly satisfying impact that can result in nearby cars and people being bounced up off of the rippling pavement.
    the sense of power in the main character is fantastic, body weaponry is nicely rendered and there are a nice variety of upgrades and combos. the mechanic of consuming others for thier memories, skills, health and physical apperance is also really nice - if a bit brutal.

technically, the game is solid, i see very little pop up, there are an amazing number of people and cars on the streets at any given time with no slow down. models for people and cars could be a bit more varied, but it's not too annoying. sounds and the soundtrack are very nice, as is the voice acting. the whole game has a nice dark feel to it. there is some of the standard collection mechanic, though the collectables give you hints or experience, and it doesn't take you too far out of the game.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
    Thanks for the review eric. I've been looking into the game because I keep hearing really good things about it from friends. I try not to go by critic reviews too much.
    The next game I'm going to pick up is either going to be Prototype or inFamous. Maybe both, if I can plan my finances right.
    Bismillah ihr Rhman ihr Raheem

The only way to truly learn and gain experience is from making mistakes.
    Thats why I'm a friggin genius.

i asked one of the guys at a used store here about the two games, and they said both prototype and infamous were good, but the guy said if he could only buy one, he'd go with prototype. POTM also gave it a good review.
    i'm definitely considering infamous too, but when i saw target had prototype for only 50 bucks rather than 60, it helped make up my mind for me.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Your Mac's Specs
    Playing Fallout 3 when I'm not programming, playing it for the pc so got a ton of mods such as one called RTS, which allows you to create and run/manage your own town.

Your Mac's Specs
    Custom PC
    I picked up another copy of Rainbow Six: Vegas the other day. I was nickin' to play it so I scored a used copy for $15.

This game rocks, as do most of the R6/Ghost Recon series games.

Your Mac's Specs
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.8GHZ, 4GB DDR3
    I've been rocking Red Alert 3 and Sims 3 on the MBP.

MLB 09 the show on PS3

and Forza 2 on 360.

And i still rock tetris on my Gameboy Advance SP.
    -Shaun

Your Mac's Specs
    2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
    been playing minigolf online and Im thinking of pulling out my N64 and playing some south park
    A man who is not one for words once told me...

todd51
    I picked up Bionic Commando and Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PS3 last week. MGS4 was only $30 brand new and BC was only $20 brand new. BC hasn't been selling really well so I figured it would be a fun game worth the twenty bucks.

My big complaint for BC was the lack of freedom, because it wants you to believe you have a lot of it; being able to swing everywhere. However a lot of times you'll run into a "radiated" area which will kill you. I would have been much happier if they would have just put up an invisible wall to show you the game boundaries. My point for that is because you can't save at any point in the game, you have to get to a checkpoint. Other than that it is pretty fun, a lot of trophies to go and collect also. I still think it was worth the $20 and I haven't even played online yet. I think the multiplayer LAN would be fun though

MGS4 is just plain great. I wanted the price to drop before I picked it up since I just got my PS3 this past January. It's a fantastic game and I recommend it to anyone out there.

Other than those and the occasional beat-down in Socom Confrontation, that's what I've been playing lately.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
    yeah MGS4 is the best game I have ever played hints why I choose this username. But It cost to much to get my PS3 fixed so Im thinking of just buying a new one.
    A man who is not one for words once told me...

Your Mac's Specs
    Custom PC
    I've been playing Rainbow Six Vegas, BF: Bad Company, and Fallout 3 lately.

Thread Information