Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II
    Your Mac's Specs
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.7.5 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.11.6 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Just wanted to be the first to turn the corner on page seven.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

or page 4.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Your Mac's Specs
    PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
    You and your fancy post per page changing

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 12GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 1TB HDD - macOS Sierra
    I just bought a 6 Cell Maglite.

I feel so deliciously white trash.
    MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 12GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 1TB HDD - macOS Sierra
    MacBook Air 1.3 GHz Core i5 - 4 GB RAM - 128 GB SSD - macOS Sierra

MoTM February 2009

page 4 for us cool oneS right? im on my psp now btw

Your Mac's Specs
    24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
    Well I finally got semi settled into my new house and got the internet up and running. The good news is its not Comcast, the bad news is its sattelite. It is way slow but the only other option is dial up and I think I'd shoot myself if I had to use that. How is every one else doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
    Okay, try to wait until someone else has posted to say something, but it's an abnormal hour (at leat on my time zone) on a busy weekend.

I've been having breathing problems.
    It's
    SO
    FREAKIN'
    ANNOYING!
    It's so hard to explain!
    Like, in my throat. WHen I inhale, I feel like there's something blocking the air in my throat. I can breathe, but it feels sort of like i'm snoring or something. Then if I keep inhaling for a second or two, it...changes.

I'm not even going to try to describe it. I don't think about it when i'm busy, but when i'm just sitting here I can't stop doing it. I'm constantly doing it.

After a while it REALLY hurts my chest when I inhale deeply. I like have to breathe really shallow.

It's SO ANNOYING, it's just as annoying that I can't explain it.
    I just wish it would stop!

Sounds like something I had my senior year in high school. It turned out that I had blebs on my left lung and it eventually collapsed and I had to have lung surgery twice. Go to the doctor and get it checked out. Check out the link for a little more info.

http://www.birthoggdube.org/id12.html
    "I call this the Greatest Zooks Album." -CEREAL KILLER

Quote Originally Posted by babarnette View Post
    Well I finally got semi settled into my new house and got the internet up and running. The good news is its not Comcast, the bad news is its sattelite. It is way slow but the only other option is dial up and I think I'd shoot myself if I had to use that. How is every one else doing?

Sounds like something I had my senior year in high school. It turned out that I had blebs on my left lung and it eventually collapsed and I had to have lung surgery twice. Go to the doctor and get it checked out. Check out the link for a little more info.

http://www.birthoggdube.org/id12.html
    Um, those pictures were REALLY traumatizing.
    Anyway, it doesn't sound like I have something like that. I don't think.
    I mean, it's just SO HARD to even explain! It could be something like I need my tonsils out or I have allergies or something stupid, but it's just SO ANNOYING.
    I guess i'll see if I can get into the doctor soon, I haven't been there in a long time.
    It really only bothers me a LOT when i'm sleeping. During the day i'm active and I don't notice it as much.

I don't know.

Anyway, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE!
    I might get set up with a bank account soon, which will be great so I could use paypal.

Parade today. ugh. Won't even be able to play the music....

Your Mac's Specs
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
    Okay, try to wait until someone else has posted to say something, but it's an abnormal hour (at leat on my time zone) on a busy weekend.

I've been having breathing problems.
    It's
    SO
    FREAKIN'
    ANNOYING!
    It's so hard to explain!
    Like, in my throat. WHen I inhale, I feel like there's something blocking the air in my throat. I can breathe, but it feels sort of like i'm snoring or something. Then if I keep inhaling for a second or two, it...changes.

I'm not even going to try to describe it. I don't think about it when i'm busy, but when i'm just sitting here I can't stop doing it. I'm constantly doing it.

After a while it REALLY hurts my chest when I inhale deeply. I like have to breathe really shallow.

It's SO ANNOYING, it's just as annoying that I can't explain it.
    I just wish it would stop!

See a doctor.

Your Mac's Specs
    Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Agreed.

Macos9user: My advice to you would be not to focus on rep and post count. If you are contributing in a positive way to the forum, it will come in time. But there's always someone in the crowd who won't like what you have to say. Keep your focus and you'll find that in time the positive feedback far outweighs the negative.
    Lets get a few things straight. I don't care about rep. It has no effect on my day to day life. What I care about is people's respect. I dont think giving negative rep over something thats as petty as saying "900th post" is a valid reason for it. I thought rep was more directed for knowledge. Apparently it is not. I'm sure someone will jump in and say "quit complaining." And give me even more neg rep. If your going to do it at least have the courage to put your name next to it.
    I DON'T care about rep but I would think as many posts as I have done a moderator wouldn't treat me poorly because of it. Remember that the members make this forum. Not the moderators and not the ads.
    The reason I said I was taking a break was because a post was made by a moderator that was retracted a few seconds later. I will not say who or what. But I thought that person and I had a better rapport than that.

The fact i haven't swore yet is nothing short of a miracle and this was NOT an attack directed at cwa in the slightest
    Last edited by mac0s9user; 05-26-2008 at 06:08 AM.

i got neg repped for a few things like that when i got here, i got upset about it, posted something like what you just posted and then got neg repped for that too.

it seems to some it's kind of like light hazing. if you can take it, good, if not, whatever. best just to let it go, move on. you seem to be ingratiating yourself just fine otherwise. probably best to completely ignore the rep, especially the anonymous rep from people to afraid to lose their own rep to own up to it, and concentrate on what is said to you in threads.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mac0s9user View Post
    Remember that the members make this forum. Not the moderators and not the ads.
    And where did anyone ever say that the members didn't make the forum? Actually read almost every post I've ever made about this community and you'll see I over and over again say it's all of you that make this place what it is. But let's get one thing straight, the mods, rules, etc also are a very important part. It's the staff and the board guidelines that set the tone and keep the direction of this place.

IMHO you're making a mountain out of a mole hill on this rep thing. It is what it is, I suggest you follow eric's advice. If you can't move on, you'll just continue to be upset by it which won't be fun.

I DON'T care about rep but I would think as many posts as I have done a moderator wouldn't treat me poorly because of it.
    Where did a mod treat you poorly? Because we didn't do what you wanted and remove valid feedback? If that's your standard, you're going to be sorely disappointed in your time here.

Rep is what it is, there are not many things that would make it invalid. It's a reflection of how someone feels about what you posted. This can be knowledge related or how someone feels you've supported the community.

And for the record, I could care less how many posts you have and whether you deserve special treatment with the staff. We treat everyone with the same respect whether you're new or been here since the beginning. Everyone is treated equitably. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly, this includes the person that left you the feedback.

What if that person had more posts than you? Should their opinion count more?

In addition, post count, IMHO is meaningless as to your value as a member. There have been many members over the years, and some of our long-time members will know this, that have had high post counts but were not a good part of the community. We have some people with lower post counts that I think are great assets here. Post count doesn't truly tell anything.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Wish me luck in this parade!
    I'll need it......

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by mac0s9user View Post
    The fact i haven't swore yet is nothing short of a miracle and this was NOT an attack directed at cwa in the slightest
    Congratulations for not swearing.

Now - has anyone checked out the delicious library 2 beta?

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
    Congratulations for not swearing.

Now - has anyone checked out the delicious library 2 beta?
    Not yet. I was always intrigued by Delicious Library, but I just never thought I'd get much use out of it.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    Not yet. I was always intrigued by Delicious Library, but I just never thought I'd get much use out of it.
    I didn't think so at first either... but then I kept on noticing books that were missing that I must have leant to people.
    So now I make a note in DL before I lend someone a book or DVD and can remember to ask for it back after a year or so

But after all this time in development, I think expectations for DL2 just became completely overblown. It is just a library app after all...

Thread Information