Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114
Results 1,696 to 1,699 of 1699
    Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I run 5k three days a week and try to do an organized race now and then. I've put on a bit of weight in recent months, so I'm not as fast as I've been. This one is more about just keeping in touch with the community, since it benefits the local high school extracurricular/sports teams. My ultimate goal in running was to run a half-marathon, which I did back in January. So, now it's more about just maintaining my weight and health and getting outdoors.
    Keep setting small goals...it helps from things getting stale. I know how hard it can be some days to get out there...especially in the heat & humidity. For me I don't need to run a race very often...the goals I set are usually related to running a little longer some days...or running a little shorter but faster other days. It's good to mix it up.

I just picked up an 1TB OWC SSD (which I'm using as a USB-C external) for $120 on a sale the other day. It would easily breathe some new life into your MBP!
    Wow...that's a nice price...I should watch for a good sale. I did buy an "el cheapo" 240gig SSD at a local Micro Center about a month ago for about $25 just to play with.

Anyway, yeah, as much as I dislike the approach that Apple has taken, and as much as I think this machine was laughably overpriced, I am enjoying it. It is an excellent jack-of-all-trades and the all-day battery life is remarkable. I can't see buying another MBP.
    My wife loves her 2015 MBA...and she uses it quite a bit on battery power. So thin & light...my 17" MBP is like an Abrams Tank in comparison.

When I FINALLY replace my 2011 17" MacBook Pro...I can see my next computer being a 15", 6-core, dual GPU, 2018 MacBook Pro with 16gig of RAM and as large an SSD as I can find (which I will purchase used). That will probably be in 2-3 years when the used price drops to a point I find attractive. Lol

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

We're finally going to escape the miserable heat of Northeast Thailand. We've had a long string of 40C and over days with high humidity. (That's about 104F.) We're off to the beach (Cha Am) where it's in the low 30s (90s).

My webcam from there: Cha Am Web Cam

So thin & light...my 17" MBP is like an Abrams Tank in comparison.

Hmmm... the older or latest models...?
    The Army Is Upgrading 100 M1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks.
    The Army Is Upgrading 100 M1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks. Here Is Everything We Know. | The National Interest

- Patrick
    ======

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsima View Post
    We're finally going to escape the miserable heat of Northeast Thailand. We've had a long string of 40C and over days with high humidity. (That's about 104F.) We're off to the beach (Cha Am) where it's in the low 30s (90s).

My webcam from there: Cha Am Web Cam

Wow, that seems to be about a 6hr, 425 km drive according to Google Maps!!

But worth it to avoid that extreme temp and humidity IMHO!!!

EDIT:
    Thanks for the nice webcam views and specs!! Nice.

- Patrick
    ======
    Last edited by pm-r; 05-08-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Thread Information