Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

I installed Windows 10 on my new Macbook Pro via Bootcamp but no sound.
    I installed Windows 10 on my new Macbook Pro via Bootcamp but no sound. Googling comes up with all sorts of answers. Can anyone help, & point me in the way of drivers or whatever? Thanks
    Last edited by greentree1234; 05-26-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Bootcamp is not only the tools to create a partition for Windows safely, but also contains all the drivers you need to allow Windows to operate properly. Did you follow steps like the following to install the support software?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    Bootcamp is not only the tools to create a partition for Windows safely, but also contains all the drivers you need to allow Windows to operate properly. Did you follow steps like the following to install the support software?
    Thanks for the reply. In fact I did come across that page & had got a flashdrive ready, but 'Bootcamp' is not in my tray, in fact I can't find it at all on the Windows side. On my older Macbook Pro it is in the tray???

I had tried updating Windows 10, as that was another theme, but that didn't work as the update failed, however I did a second update of Windows, & when I turned off & on the sound was there.

Once I can locate 'Bootcamp' in Windows I will download & update it, otherwise I will do it from the Mac side. Again thanks for the help.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Don't you have a "Bootcamp" entry in Control Panel? Even if it's not in the System Tray, it should be available via the Control Panel.

I can't find Bootcamp in Control Panel. It's not in the install/uninstall part.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    If you can't find Boot Camp in Control Panel or the System Tray, then it may not have been installed correctly. The support software as pointed out by Ashwin should have installed an entry in Control Panel and the System Tray.
    Maybe when you download and install an update to Boot Camp it will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    If you can't find Boot Camp in Control Panel or the System Tray, then it may not have been installed correctly. The support software as pointed out by Ashwin should have installed an entry in Control Panel and the System Tray.
    Maybe when you download and install an update to Boot Camp it will show up.
    Yes, thats what I hope.

When I installed Windows via Bootcamp, Windows went through all the normal set up then when it finished I still had Bootcamp in the screen center, but it didn't say continue or finish, it just looked like it would go through the whole process again, asking to read terms & conditions again, so I clicked it off. I wonder if that was correct or not.

I didn't have any problems last time I did it, some four years back.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

I am having no luck with this at all. Googling shows up many similar problems. The article says 'go to the OSXRESERVED partition, which is usually the D: \ drive.' but there is no such file or drive. No searching finds it either.

In Device Manager there is a section called 'Other Devices'. There are 4 items with yellow exclamation marks against them. They are 'NCM Control' ... 'NCM Data'.... 'PCI Device'...'Unknown device'. No amount of, find drivers etc etc works.

Just to add Windows has now started to fail on start. It seems to start then a screen comes up saying 'Your PC ran into problems etc'. It will start after two or three attempts.
    Last edited by greentree1234; 05-29-2019 at 02:09 PM.

This is really irritating when there is no sound in Windows. I also faced the same issue. I upgradeded my laptop a few weeks ago from Windows 7 to 10. But after upgrading there is sound. I was worried what to do! I started reading articles online. And I got a little help by reading a blog rticle Troubleshooter Guide for No Sound on Windows 10 This article is written on the basis of Windows 10 sound issue. Hope that help. LOL!
    Last edited by rosario1990; 10-16-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Thread Information