Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

CCC 5 claiming Apple's privacy rules  prevent cloning of some apps , e.g. Mail and Calendars

Your Mac's Specs
    2 21.5" iMacs 2014 OS X 10.14.4, 2010 10.12.6 ; 2 iPhone SE iOS 12.2;1 iWatch_1 4.3.2; 1 Mini iPad
    CCC 5 claiming Apple's privacy rules prevent cloning of some apps , e.g. Mail and Calendars
    As advised by Bombich I am trialling the latest version before upgrading fully but a message appears saying that Apple privacy prevents some applications from being cloned.

Prime reason for cloning at this time is that there are some issues in Mail with gmail. I currently have version Version 12.4 (3445.104.8) and decided to clone before upgrading to the latest version.

CCC 5 claiming Apple's privacy rules  prevent cloning of some apps , e.g. Mail and Calendars
    Apple privacy prevents some applications from being cloned

Where did you find this information regarding Apple not allowing some application cloning please???

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    As advised by Bombich I am trialling the latest version before upgrading fully but a message appears saying that Apple privacy prevents some applications from being cloned.
    Open System Preferences, Security & Privacy and click on the Privacy tab. Open the small lock with your Admin Password and then add CCC to the dialog which is self explanatory. Close the dialog and exit. CCC then will be able to clone all files.

Your Mac's Specs
    2 21.5" iMacs 2014 OS X 10.14.4, 2010 10.12.6 ; 2 iPhone SE iOS 12.2;1 iWatch_1 4.3.2; 1 Mini iPad
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Open System Preferences, Security & Privacy and click on the Privacy tab. Open the small lock with your Admin Password and then add CCC to the dialog which is self explanatory. Close the dialog and exit. CCC then will be able to clone all files.

Thanks for the helpful post Charlie, but I dare say that Apple could certainly make the procedure a lot easier to follow and understand, especially with the changes in Mojave as this article points out:
    Understanding New macOS Mojave App Security Alerts | The Mac Security Blog

Whatever happened to Apple's proper use of the Mac GUI Interface Guidelines Manual they used to be so good at using and consistently followed???

No macOS user should not have to ask such a question, assuming that was the problem and I assume it was.

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Apple has been criticized for not enforcing privacy and then when they do, they get criticized. I suppose they could make things a bit more clear, however, in the situation with CCC, the developer (Mike Bombich) has specific instructions on his site regarding adding CCC to the privacy tab.

I suppose they could make things a bit more clear, ...

There's always room for that, and most business success depends on a thing called "communication"!!!

- Patrick
    ======

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.13.3 beta
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Yes to the above. I had to do this too. There are a number of apps that operate at the system level in Mojave that require this permission.

See below there are two elements required for CCC and I was pretty sure when I updated (after upgrading to Mojave) it gave me a set of instructions on how to do this.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 13.19.30.jpg
    Last edited by Rod; 05-02-2019 at 01:22 AM.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Very helpful, Rod. Pictures trump words in many cases.

Ian
    Ian

Thread Information