No Windows 7 on Yosemite Boot? Only 8 and above?!
    Hey guys. trying to partition my mac on yosemite. However it seems to be only offereing me the choice of installing windows 8? I have a good version of windows 7. is that no any way around this. I only purchased the Mac last year so it is pretty new. Little frustrated. Anyone able to shed some light?

thanks guys

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Sorry to say this compatibility issue thing is something worth researching before upgrading there are plenty of web sites dedicated to the subject, the Windows site for one. I would have a look there first just in case there is a solution like an update. Whatever you call it, planned obsolescence or whatever operating systems move on and developers can see little point in making systems compatible with what they consider to be obsolete software. we are up to Windows 10 after all but it's worth checking with MS just to be sure.
    Don't be an April Fool: WORLD BACKUP DAY MARCH 31st

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Quote Originally Posted by johnojohno View Post
    Hey guys. trying to partition my mac on yosemite. However it seems to be only offereing me the choice of installing windows 8? I have a good version of windows 7. is that no any way around this. I only purchased the Mac last year so it is pretty new. Little frustrated. Anyone able to shed some light? thanks guys
    Which Mac do you have? In any event, check with Apple to see which version of Windows you can install using Boot Camp on your Mac. Keep in mind that regardless of which Mac you own, you can install Windows 7 using virtual software. That would be Parallels, Fusion, or the free VirtualBox. Unless you intend to run a graphics intensive Windows app or games, virtual software is actually easier to deal with and more convenient as it does not require a reboot to access Windows.

Thread Information