Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Apple stops selling the 12-inch MacBook, a computer you either loved or were confused by
    Apple officially stopped selling the 12-inch MacBook today, a computer that hasn’t had an update since June 2017 and that is also maybe one of the most contentious Macs in Apple’s lineup. The 12-inch MacBook at one time seemed like Apple’s path forward (plenty of Apple fans and analysts saw it as a sign of […]

Click here to view the article...

Apple stops selling the 12-inch MacBook, a computer you either loved or were confused by
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    I don't know of anyone who purchased one of these MacBooks. The machine was so underpowered and only had one measly port which also was used for power. And then to add insult to injury, it used a butterfly keyboard. I don't think anyone will miss this machine.

Look for special sales on whatever models are still left out there in a store's inventory.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.13.3 beta
    Me neither. Even the name was silly. If someone said they had a MacBook I would ask, a MacBook what? Surely it could have had a model name.
    It had a lot of potential as a portable device due to its small size and weight but lacked so much in performance and flexibility.
    Low on storage, low on processing power and limited to one USB-C port it really only did one thing well that being writing documents and the butterfly keyboard made that a problem as well.
    If I was going to travel with one computer I would want maximum flexibility, good battery life, the ability to plug in a bunch of peripherals and enough storage to handle a decent photo, music and movie library.
    At the very least a couple of standard USB ports would have made a huge difference. To be able to easily attach a stock standard storage device would have expanded its usefulness a lot. Bluetooth and wifi connections are all very well in first world countries but not so useful in remote or developing areas.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    I just priced out a new MacBook Air, the one announced today by Apple. Not a bad price and even with adding more memory and a larger SSD, it still is decently priced.

I did a price comparison with the newest MacBook Air and a new Lenovo that's on sale right now. The new Lenovo is very tempting if not for one thing - Windows 10.

Thread Information