Dead Pixels on LG TV?
    Dead Pixels on LG TV?
    All of a sudden I noticed a huge group of what I'm guessing are dead pixels at the very bottom right of my LG TV's screen. Model is 60UH6150. Neve have had this happen on any screen (TV or otherwise) I've used before. For those of you who've had issues with dead pixels, does that look like what this is or does it look like some other issue? Most of the pictures I see of dead pixels are one or two scattered here and there, not a whole swath like this. The TV is 3-1/2 years old, so unfortunately it's out of warranty. Thankfully this is only really noticeable on plain dark backgrounds, but still annoying. For perspective, the affected area is about 3 inches long.

IMG_0142.JPG
    Jonathan
    2019 iMac (27"/i9/64GB) | 2012 iMac (27"/i5/16GB) | 2013 MacBook Air (13"/i5/4GB) | iPhone SE (2020) | Apple Watch Series 4

Dead Pixels on LG TV?
    Those aren't technically dead pixels, but rather stuck pixels. Obviously you've power cycled the TV. Try to see if you can cycle through various colors on the TV across the entire TV and see if it will clear itself.

Also, does it appear to better after the TV has cooled off and worse when it's warm?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Dead Pixels on LG TV?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    Those aren't technically dead pixels, but rather stuck pixels. Obviously you've power cycled the TV. Try to see if you can cycle through various colors on the TV across the entire TV and see if it will clear itself.

Also, does it appear to better after the TV has cooled off and worse when it's warm?
    Yes, I turned off and on and also reset to factory settings. I just read about jscreenfix.com that is supposed to fix this. Will try it later tonight or tomorrow. Right now, I've unplugged the TV and will wait a while.
    Jonathan
    2019 iMac (27"/i9/64GB) | 2012 iMac (27"/i5/16GB) | 2013 MacBook Air (13"/i5/4GB) | iPhone SE (2020) | Apple Watch Series 4

Thread Information