Bluetooth Over Ear Headphone with Mic Recommendations for Use With Voice Control

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro (13”, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports). 1.4 GHz Into Core i5. 8 GBN 2133 MHz LPPDR3.
    Bluetooth Over Ear Headphone with Mic Recommendations for Use With Voice Control
    Since I have permanent nerve damage in my right hand and arm accompanied by extreme pain at work on a PC I use Dragon Naturally Speaking. However, I've read that especially in Catalina MacOs has pretty good Voice Control built in and I want to try it with a headset with a Mic. Any recommendations for good quality headset for this purpose. Sorry I couldn't of better forum area to place this question if this is the wrong spot Mods please feel free to move it and let me know please.
    ~Tom
    MacBook Pro (13”, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports). 1.4 GHz Into Core i5. 8 GBN 2133 MHz LPPDR3. Manintosh HD. Intel Iris Pluse Graphics 645 1536 MB

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.15.5 beta
    I have ni tried the control features in Catalina yet but from trying the speech recognition features in earlier versions I can say the OS isn't too picky about the mic you use. I've used those features with everything from a good quality mic on a boom to the internal built-in mic on my iMac though a headset mic is probably best.

What are you currently using with Dragon? That should work with OS X.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro (13”, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports). 1.4 GHz Into Core i5. 8 GBN 2133 MHz LPPDR3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    I have ni tried the control features in Catalina yet but from trying the speech recognition features in earlier versions I can say the OS isn't too picky about the mic you use. I've used those features with everything from a good quality mic on a boom to the internal built-in mic on my iMac though a headset mic is probably best.

What are you currently using with Dragon? That should work with OS X.
    This is good and at work they ordered the same headset I used to own at home a Logitech ClearChat Comfort/USB Headset H390, Noise Cancelling Microphone, Headphones for Computer (Black). The one I had I accidently stepped on and broke. I could probably just get another Logitech but I want a bluetooth set this time.
    ~Tom
    MacBook Pro (13”, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports). 1.4 GHz Into Core i5. 8 GBN 2133 MHz LPPDR3. Manintosh HD. Intel Iris Pluse Graphics 645 1536 MB

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.15.5 beta
    We must be twins. I had a Logitech Clear Chat for a while too and it worked nicely. At least it did until I dropped it and rolled over it with my wheelchair.

The last time I looked Logitech had a couple of wireless headsets. Obviously they would prefer you bought the top end of the spectrum but even the $69.0 and $99.00 versions should work. If you're looking for a headset I'd suggest one with noise cancellation and a boom mic. I have two headsets with built in mics that don't really seem to work well on calls for me so I doubt they would work well for this job.

If you have a Bluetooth headset/earbuds with a mi that works well for phone use try those. They should work well.Some headsets can even pair with two devices simultaneously so you could, in their answer a call on your phone while working at your Mac/PC.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Thread Information