Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Thread: USB C Hub

USB C Hub
    Hi guys,

Anyone using this hub - HooToo.com | Future Network for Today or something similar? Im just confused because i normally connect my power adaptor directly into my laptops USB C port. But there is a DC-IN port on this Hub. What should I do? should I charge my mac through this Hub or just use my macbooks DC-IN port?

Thanks
    Last edited by johnchristy44; 12-04-2019 at 02:44 AM.

USB C Hub
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by johnchristy44 View Post
    Hi guys,

Anyone using this hub - HooToo.com | Future Network for Today or something similar? Im just confused because i normally connect my power adaptor directly into my laptops USB C port. But there is a DC-IN port on this Hub. What should I do? should I charge my mac through this Hub or just use my macbooks DC-IN port?

Thanks
    You linked to their entire list of hubs, so I don't know which one you are talking about. Looking over one in particular, it does appear from the product photos that charging a MacBook through this is an intended feature. However, I'm a little confused about your MacBook. You say you normally charge over USB-C, but it also has a DC-in port? I thought that the DC-in jack wasn't present on MacBooks that charge over USB-C. I may be wrong, but can you tell us what model year/type MacBook you have exactly?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

USB C Hub
    I've used the HooToo and Satechi hubs and they worked OK, but I've found that the video connection gets flakey over time and it gets harder and harder for it to connect. Right now, I'm using an Anker USB-C hub that is working really well. It has 3 USB 3.0, HDMI and Ethernet (nice bonus) and has been ultra reliable.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Hi Lifeisabeach mine is a macbook air latest model.

got a reply from the supplier. they have this charging option for those who have only 1 USB C port. But if you have more than 1 USB C port then you can directly connect to your laptop.

Thread Information