10-07-2019, 03:14 PM #1
- Member Since
- Jan 14, 2016
- Santa Cruz Mtns foothills, Cupertino, CA
- Your Mac's Specs
- Mac Mini 16GB+1TB & two 4K monitors/Mojave, Mac Book/High Sierra, 2nd Mac Mini in game room/Mojave
monitors and external drive for a new Mini...
- Rep Power
1) Iím getting a new Mini to replace my aging Mac Pro. I have two 27-inch HDMI monitors. What is the best way to connect them to the new machine? Should I use the HDMI port + one of the USB-C ports, or use two USB-C ports? Iím guessing it makes no difference but I would like to hear from the experts.
2) My old 1TB external drive with Time Machine is Firewire only, no USB port. Can I use this to set up the new machine via an adapter, or should I get a new external Thunderbolt drive first, maybe 2-3 TB this time?
I want to make the transition painless as possible. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.
- 10-07-2019, 08:01 PM #2What is the best way to connect them to the new machine?
Same goes for your external drive and time machine.
Sorry, I have no experience with either units.
BTW: I'm a bit surprised that a new Mac Mini would be able to replace a Mac Pro, but I hear they have improved rather drastically, so what do I know???
Sorry for the cop out...
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By gahmck in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 1Last Post: 07-22-2016, 03:02 PM
By insecto in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-05-2015, 03:22 AM
By xmoewex in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-24-2012, 07:51 AM
By daraclare in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 7Last Post: 10-05-2009, 11:02 PM
By IChing in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 6Last Post: 05-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Tags for this Thread