Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Problem installing HP LaserJet printer p1102w on a MAC

Your Mac's Specs
    24" iMac, 2013 MacBook Pro
    I have that exact printer, and not a lick of trouble getting it set up or to print. I have it USB'd to my Time Capsule, and it works just fine as a wireless network printer for my old iMac (El Capitan) and 2013 MacBook Pro (Mojave). I have kept the printer drivers and software updated. I've even got it set up to AirPrint for my iPhone (just in case), and that works fine too.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
    I have this printer and after a lot of work I got it to use Wifi. A couple of years later I got a new modem from the cable company and have had no success telling the printer or the modem of the change. Tried many of the tips above and sweat a lot. Very frustrating. I've given up and hope and just plug it in with USB when I need to print from my Mac but I miss printing from my iPhone and iPad. When I get a new Mac I can get WiFi set up to work again.

Your Mac's Specs
    Diane, have you gone into your system preferences menu to see if the printer shows up in the printers section? Sometimes, I've just deleted the printers, or used the reset option, and then let the system find and reinstall the printers.

miss printing from my iPhone and iPad. When I get a new Mac I can get WiFi set up to work again.

I would suggest using the method that nasacpa suggested above, and if that still doesn't work, you should be able to get your iOS devices to use the printer by using handyPrint.app
    https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/35969/handyprint

We used to it and it worked very well to get our older printer, now kaput, working properly and accessible with our iDevices, iPhone and iPads.

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'm traveling this weekend and will try, once again, to get this working once I am home on Monday afternoon. I'll let you know how I do and if I have any follow up questions.

Thanks again.

Diane

I'll let you know how I do and if I have any follow up questions.

If you haven't used it, you may find the following helpful:
    HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
    HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup

Or more specifically:
    Setting up the printer on a wireless network (Mac)
    https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c02847467

If the printer is not presciently working the way you want, it may be a good idea to delete it all and start over again using the guide.

Take care travelling and have a good safe trip. Still lots of snow and slippery ice around on most BC Roads.

PS: if you prefer good instructional videos as I do, give this a watch and listen and it's actually easier than it appears:
    http://www.supportvideos.ext.hp.com/...ork-connection

Depending on your OS X version, You may not even have to connect the printer to your Mac with a USB cable, but just Select and use Bonjour to select the printer, and the software may just download and install automatically on its own.

A Restart of the Mac may be required. Just to be sure.

- Patrick
    ======
    Last edited by pm-r; 02-16-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    I can get mine connected in less than 30 seconds. Does your router have a WPS button? If so press it then press the WPS button on the HP. The blue light will blink then go solid when it connects to WiFi. Works here with 4 different routers.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    That's a nice printer, it's just too bad I could never get it to work right with the router setup I had at the time. The routers that are used with FIOS are proprietary and only work with that system. The router not only provides WiFi but it also provides signals to the FIOS TV setup. Without those signals, the FIOS cable box doesn't work right.

I could never get the HP 1102W to lock on to the WiFi signal. And the FIOS routers have no WPS button.

Your Mac's Specs
    Chicago, every once in awhile, I have problems with the printer connecting to the network. However, in my setup, every HP printer I have (2) puts out its own "network", available to be joined. I click on THAT network, and boom...prints every time.

This doesn't happen very often though.

EDIT: sorry about the "Chicago"...damn autocorrect.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    That's a nice printer, it's just too bad I could never get it to work right with the router setup I had at the time. The routers that are used with FIOS are proprietary and only work with that system. The router not only provides WiFi but it also provides signals to the FIOS TV setup. Without those signals, the FIOS cable box doesn't work right.

I could never get the HP 1102W to lock on to the WiFi signal. And the FIOS routers have no WPS button.
    I am glad then I never had that FIOS here with that router. It would drive me crazy as I have a few things that need the WPS button to connect!

Thread Information