Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Can't print from Safari with my Epson using Mac
    I have a MacBook Pro and recently I became unable to print anything in Safari for some reason. I can print everything else.
    I have deleted and re added the printer, I have uninstalled and re installed the printer software, I have made sure drivers are updated. All is good except no printing in Safari. I don't want to use anything other than Safari. What could I be missing? My printer is Epson WF 2540, an all in one, nothing fancy. If I can't solve this, I'm thinking of getting another printer. Any suggestions?
    Thank you.
    Cassandra

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    What are you trying to print from Safari? Can you give us an example? If your printer works OK printing from other applications, then there is noting wrong with the printer or the printer driver software.

Which MacBook Pro do you have? Year and model? And what version of OS X are you running? Also, click on the Safari menu and select "about Safari" and tell us which version of Safari you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    What are you trying to print from Safari? Can you give us an example? If your printer works OK printing from other applications, then there is noting wrong with the printer or the printer driver software.

Which MacBook Pro do you have? Year and model? And what version of OS X are you running? Also, click on the Safari menu and select "about Safari" and tell us which version of Safari you're using.
    I have MacOS Sierra v 10.12.5 on a Macbook Pro late 2011. Safari v 10.1.1.
    For example, I've tried to print my car insurance cards out from the Allstate site. I've tried to print a receipt for products purchased on Amazon. These are actions that I've been able to perform in the recent past. I've tried printing other things like files, documents, etc and I can do it, but if it is something online, it doesn't work. Instead, I get a page that prints out only a few words - the words that are in color. Any words in black and white (which are most words) are omitted. If I choose to print in b/w only, then I get a totally blank page.
    Still troubleshooting...

Your Mac's Specs
    Go to Safari Preferences, Advanced, and put a check in the box that says "Show Develop Menu in menu bar".

Restart Safari.

Next, click on the Develop menu and select "Empty Caches". Restart Safari again. See if that helps.

Note that most things like ID insurance cards are printed as PDF. Make sure you have Preview setup as the default app for PDF.

I followed those instructions and unfortunately get the same result. Do you think this is a Safari problem and not a printer problem? This was not a problem until a couple of weeks ago and I don't know what changed.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Mojave; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    Try another browser (maybe Firefox) and see if you have the same problem. If not, then it's Safari.
    Sue

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

Quote Originally Posted by badshoehabit View Post
    Try another browser (maybe Firefox) and see if you have the same problem. If not, then it's Safari.
    I downloaded Google Chrome and tried it and I have the same problem so at least it's not Safari. My only guess is that it has something to do with the printer.

Your Mac's Specs
    Has anything changed in your Printer settings? When you select something to print, for example your Allstate insurance ID cards, does the card show up in a dialog box? In other words, it should give you a view of what is to be printed before selecting the print command? Also, what are you selecting to print as? Web page? Text? PDF? I too have an Epson printer (NX 420) and have no difficulty printing from Safari or Chrome.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Mojave; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    Printer appears to be compatible with 10.12.5. Try reloading the driver. https://epson.com/Support/Printers/A...SPT_C11CC36201
    Sue

When I select something to print, it shows up fine in the dialog box but just doesn't print out fine. I select to print as pdf. I've switched that around to see if there is any improvement and there is not. Not sure what is left to do since I've already uninstalled and re instalalled and there are no driver updates available. I thought it may have something to do with relationship between Mac/Safari with printer but now I am beginning to think it is just printer.

Your Mac's Specs
    Try this: do screenshots (Cmd+Shift+3 for full screen, +4 if you select part of screen), drag into Photos and try printing from there.
    Sue

Your Mac's Specs
    MacOS HiSierra MacBookPro ( Retina,15 inches Late 2013 Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 16GB,
    Same with me, Printer won't work if you re using Wifi 5000 MHz so I have to switch to guest log in and thats 2500 MHz... works perfect. Try that
    Thanks in Advance
    Ron

Try adding printer
    Have you looked and seen if your printer was listed under "System Prefernces>Printers? If not, select the add printer and then add it. Hope thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Dean1157 View Post
    Have you looked and seen if your printer was listed under "System Prefernces>Printers? If not, select the add printer and then add it. Hope thats it
    Yes printer is listed. Won't print anything online but will print everything else otherwise.

Uninstalled and reloaded updated versions of everything Epson for my printer. Still doesn't work. Still troubleshooting though. Went though the Epson Software Updater to make sure that everything was updated.

Thread Information