Thread: USB thumb drive FAT32
07-31-2009, 12:56 AM #1
- Member Since
- Jul 31, 2009
USB thumb drive FAT32
- Rep Power
I am recent to the Mac World I bought a iMac in February and it's been great so far.
My problem is a 16GB USB thumb drive, it works fine in WinXP computers (at work) but when I plugged it in the iMac it went wrong.
- iMac recognised the new drive, so far so good.
- I tried to copy files to the drive and it came with error, something like not enough rights or permissions (not sure about the words)
- After that I could not eject the drive and when taken to a windows OS again it was not possible to write on the drive (it seemed it's been written, but when checked the folder, the file was incomplete or corrupt).
- After formatting the USB drive it worked again but I am afraid of plugging it in the iMac.
- Do I need to install anything in the iMac to work with this drive?
I have a portable HD which I use to transfer data from work to home and it's been great, no problems at all, and it is in FAT32 too.
I tried to format the USB drive in other formats (i.e. FAT) but it was not possible. By the way, the USB drive is a generic one, no brand or marks that identifies (the marvels of ebay )
Any help will be highly appreciated,
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Mark F in forum macOS - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 12-21-2014, 01:31 AM
By okizen in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 6Last Post: 08-30-2012, 12:50 PM
By Eric the Grey in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 7Last Post: 12-10-2009, 09:07 AM
By suku in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-09-2009, 08:57 PM
By misskool in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 08-24-2004, 12:52 AM