Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

What's with the new "option popup" I suddenly seem to be getting when composing a reply??
    What's with the new "option popup" I suddenly seem to be getting when composing a reply??
    As the subject says, can anyone explain why and what this little pop-up option thing or where it came from that I just started getting when composing a post or a reply???

I sure haven't added or changed anything that I know of, and the only hint I get is if I click on the "Help ?" button, I get a window about "Dictate" (Icon).

Is it something that Mac-Forum has added or possibly something from a Google Chrome extension I'm using that just suddenly started working??? I haven't added any lately or changed any settings.

The the small window thing shows at the bottom right corner of my browser window like this below:

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 10.57.38 AM.png

Thanks,

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Maybe you could provide your Macs system information?

I don't have that, but I'm using Safari Version 13.0.1 (14608.2.11.1.11), which just had an update today.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

I don't see it on Chrome. Use Incognito, Private or whatever equivalent functionality in the browser you are seeing (which usually disables all extensions) to see if this thing persists.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

OK, I found it.

It's from a Google Chrome extension, Voice In Voice Typing, that I have been using for quite some time, but it's a bit confusing as the icon it uses and shows in the extensions window displays differently in the Google Chrome browser window.

But I have no idea why its options/help window (Attachment image) has suddenly started popping up so I will have to investigate that and how to control it.

BTW: I'm using this Google Chrome extension as it works well with Google Chrome (obviously), and much better and more accurate than Apple's Dictation that really has a lot to be desired, at least in the Mavericks OS 10.9.5 that I'm usually using.
    Actually I'm surprised that Apple's Dictation doesn't work better then it does in El Capitan OS 10.11.x that my wife uses with my old iMac. Even when using a good quality microphone.

PS: I don't have any cats that could have enabled this extension's options so maybe it might have been the red wine, but that's very doubtful.

Actually, I might just keep it the way it is as it is a lot more visible than the small change in the tiny icon in the menu bar when the extension is enabled.

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    PS: I don't have any cats that could have enabled this extension's options so maybe it might have been the red wine, but that's very doubtful.
    LOL. Maybe you need to switch to white wine? The wine makers up there in B.C. put out some pretty good stuff.

True, they do grow and make some very good wines.

BTW: I still haven't found any option for showing or hiding the Voice In Voice Typing popup, and I have no idea how it might have been enabled.

I guess I'll have to drop the developer a note and ask, but at least it's not overly obnoxious.

PS: Have things calmed down and dried up around your way recently, as it appeared some of the storms dropped a big huge dump onto a lot of parts of Texas and other areas.

I read that somewhere got over 6 in of rain in 24 hours!!! I really cannot imagine that amount out of rain!!!

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    I read that somewhere got over 6 in of rain in 24 hours!!! I really cannot imagine that amount out of rain!!!
    No rain at all around here. It seems all of it was confined to the area around Houston and Port Arthur. Those areas are low lying and always suffer flooding during Hurricanes and Tropical storms.

Thread Information