Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

What's the recommended method tho delete old Restore Auto-Saved Content text
    I'm just wondering what the recommended and approved method is for deleting the Restore Auto-Saved Content box for some old text in some older posts that were never posted in some of the threads in these forums?

Or is one just supposed to ignore them???

- Patrick
    ======

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Patrick,

It may be the lateness of the hour (here) or my age or simple neuronal loss; but I'm slightly confused

I know what the "Restore Auto-Saved Content" does, but I'm getting lost when it comes to "old text...in older posts...never posted". And "ignoring them".

At the risk of insult (definitely not intended), can you elaborate with an example or more detail please?

Ian
    Ian

High Ian and thanks for your remarks and my apologies for my lack of clarity as to the problem.

It seemed that in some forums I wrote a reply but never actually posted it. This has happened in several different forums.

If and when I go back to those forums, the Restore Auto-Saved content box shows itself and if I click that box, all the saved text will display.

I do not want to send or post that text as it is now old. If I hit Cancel, the text may disappear but the Restore Auto-Saved box will again show the next time I'm viewing these particular threads.

I want to know how to get rid of the Restore Auto-Saved box without posting anything. Even if I was to insert some new or some replacement text and send it, that should fix the problem but I don't want to have to do that.

I hope that makes a bit more sense.

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Patrick, I don't believe there is a way to do that, without posting to the thread? As far as I know, it will be there indefinitely.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thanks Bob.

Is that why I sometimes see a post with just "." (a period) or some character in a post???

I'm assuming just posting something like that to replace/overwrite any previously saved text would get rid if it.

Or is there some sort of time needed for any changes to be made???

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    @Patrick If I understand what you're asking I've had this happen a tme or two. Sometimes I can just close the window in question and there are no complaints from the software. If that doesn't work here's what I've done once or twice:

1. Click in the block of text if the cursor is not already in the window where you compose a post.
    2. Select the text (Command A)
    3. Delete the text.

When you attempt to close the window with that box Safari may ask if you are sure you want to leave the page.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Patrick,

Thank you for your courtesy in taking the time to expand on the problem. Now, I understand completely. I have tried Sly's method and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Fortunately, I've not had this difficulty too often.

Ian
    Ian

Thanks for some of the suggestions but I'm sure I have tried them all at some point.

Let me try doing some more testing with this thread.

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information