Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    I also now see the the MF Favicon in the tab now. Maybe when the site first came back up things were still being sorted out.
    Same here Dennis. Looks like the site certificate is in place again - no more "not secure" warnings are showing up. And yes, the site icon is back.

Now we'll see if it remembers our profile when logging back in. It would not allow logging on automatically when the site certificate was down.

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Same here Dennis. Looks like the site certificate is in place again - no more "not secure" warnings are showing up. And yes, the site icon is back.

Now we'll see if it remembers our profile when logging back in. It would not allow logging on automatically when the site certificate was down.
    I Just logged out and back in and all is fine.

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Hello everyone. Firstly apologies for the site being a bit touch & go and unstable the past couple days. The maintenance scheduled for last week primarily ended up being performed yesterday (Monday 3-25-19) and a little bit today (Tuesday 3-26-19). Really really appreciate everyone's patience & understanding. Approximately 95-99% of the maintenance tasks have been completed.

Boy o' boy...we REALLY have some eagle-eyed members! Every site issue I was noticing...someone also posted in this thread. Really really appreciate this feedback...since having hundreds of sets of eye's really makes spotting unusual things so much easier.

Wanted to ask for a bit of assistance. Need to provide a final report with the folks that did the site maintenance that everything is ok & has been addressed. If you see something that's not operating as it should (buttons when clicked are going to the correct page, items such as the profile/settings area's are accessible & working, etc.) ...or not looking as it should (graphics or images) compared to how the site would have worked a few days or a week ago...please post here in the next 4-5 hours.

Thanks much.

p.s. If anyone does spot something unusual...please clear your browsers cache first...before posting a possible issue. The browser cache and/or cookies may still have some settings/info stored from before the site maintenace was performed...and may not reflect how things are operating now. Thanks.

p.p.s. If someone doesn't know how to clear the browser cache in newer versions of Safari...here's the procedure:

- Safari drop down menu.
    - Click on "Preferences".
    - Click on the "Privacy" tab/button.
    - Next click on the "Manage Website Data" button.
    - In the next window that appears...depending on how much website info is cached (# of sites)...the list may take a little while to populate.
    - Scroll down the list...select Mac-Forums.com...then click the "Remove" button.

This will only clear the cached info for Mac-Forums.com.
    Last edited by pigoo3; 03-26-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added info
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    So far Nick I have tried a lot of things and everything is working. Will keep testing things and report back if I see anything wrong.

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    One issue I'm spotting has to do with the site favicon in the address field. I'm working with multiple computers on my end. After clearing caches (Safari)...most of them are displaying this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 4.12.13 PM.png

But one of the computers continues to display this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 4.10.57 PM.png

Would love to hear if anyone else is also seeing the globe favicon...or if its just me.

Thanks,

Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    So far Nick I have tried a lot of things and everything is working. Will keep testing things and report back if I see anything wrong.
    Thanks very much Dennis.

- Nick

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    When you test, could you please also indicate which browser you are using.
    As I have shown when posting screen shots of the ads, the site shows up different on different browsers.
    And besides clearing cache and cookies as already mentioned, anyone testing should also make sure they are using the latest version of their browser.

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    Just noticed that my Profile again is not being recognized and I'm being asked for user name and password even though the "remember me" box is checked. This is happening with Chrome. Have not tried yet using Safari. Also getting a redirect error with Chrome and a "site not secure" notification.

However, after logging on to the forums the "https" appears. Really strange. Going to log off with Chrome and try Safari.

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    Okay... I'm back in using Safari.

Same thing is happening with Safari. "Site Not Secure", Does not remember my profile, and redirect error. Again, once I log on, then the secure lock appears just like with Chrome. So... whatever is going on, it's not working as it should.

Is this site supposed to be W3C compliant?

I get 91 errors when checking with the W3C validation service - that more than the typical websites I visit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    Charlie, I had to wait for the security update in High Sierra to install but nothing like that here. Logged out, cleared everything and I log right in. Favicon looks fine. Using mostly Safari here but tried Chrome on my older iMac.

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by krs View Post
    Is this site supposed to be W3C compliant?

I get 91 errors when checking with the W3C validation service - that more than the typical websites I visit.

I tried that on a few sites I frequent. Anandtech only got 31 I believe and they have been HTTPS for many years now.

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Just noticed that my Profile again is not being recognized and I'm being asked for user name and password even though the "remember me" box is checked. This is happening with Chrome. Have not tried yet using Safari. Also getting a redirect error with Chrome and a "site not secure" notification.
    Thanks Charlie...I'm seeing both of those as well.

- Nick

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.13.3 beta
    Yes what i was seeing was a sort of blue graph with an M at the right hand end.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Site Maintenance 3/20/19
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sprague View Post
    Yes what i was seeing was a sort of blue graph with an M at the right hand end.
    Hey Rod...can you provide more detail regarding what you mentioned please? Want to be sure if this is a new item (not mentioned yet in this thread yet)...or something that's already been mentioned.

Please include a screenshot if you can.

Thanks,

Nick

Thread Information