Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Website Improvements/Upgrades.
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    A quick heads-up to let everyone know that the site will be undergoing some improvements/upgrades approximately 24 hours from now. The improvements/upgrades are related to site security...and should not result in any sort of visible changes to the site...but "under-the-hood" the site will be much more secure & protected.

During these improvements the site will most likely experience some downtime...which may last as little as 10 minutes...or up to a few hours. Wanted to let everyone know...just in case the site is down when you stop by for a visit.

Thanks very much for your patience.

Mac-Forums Staff
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    Thanks for the heads up.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Oh great. Long lie in.

Or perhaps not, given the time difference. Well, I'll just have to find something else to do............... Not housework, please.................

Seriously, many thanks to you all for keeping us going and for making it safer to do so.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    Thanks for the heads up. Oh, and like Ian, housework will not be one of my choices to amuse myself with while we wait. . My Husband is well aware he did NOT marry a domestic goddess!

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Your Mac's Specs
    Hey everyone. The planned site security upgrade that was supposed to take place over the weekend ended up not taking place. Needed to gather some additional info. All good now...probably going to try to get it in place sometime about 12 hours from now (Tuesday 11/20/18). Wanted to do a 24 hour heads up...but with the Thanksgiving holiday in the US very soon...wanted to do things ASAP before folks start bugging-out for the holiday & long weekend.

There should be minimal site downtime...but just in case there is some site downtime & it lasts longer than predicted...if you see the site down...the site security upgrade should be the reason.

Thanks,

Mac-Forums Staff
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Your Mac's Specs
    Good luck! I had to upgrade our church site to meet the HTTPS - secure site requirements. That was fun. I still have some interesting issues with one random link that won't work right. And for some reason if you input www before our website address it does not work. I have been elevated to a senior senior tech as our host has no idea why it is not working.

Lisa
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Hey Lisa, if you get tired of all that techie stuff, I have an idea for you. Someone who shall remain nameless has come up with a whole slew of "suggestions" that I need to take care of this week. If some trusting soul would volunteer to take care of these things I'd be eternally thankful. It is of course approaching Thanksgiving so I'm willing to practice the spirit of the holiday. lol.

BTW I assure you that the fact some ofthese "suggestions" involve cleaninng up had no bearing whatsoever on making this suggestion.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    I have been elevated to a senior senior tech as our host has no idea why it is not working.
    LOL, what is a "senior senior" tech? Or rather, who is mad at you at your church?

Your Mac's Specs
    BTW I assure you that the fact some ofthese "suggestions" involve cleaninng up had no bearing whatsoever on making this suggestion.
    Hey Sly... have you been nipping at some "holiday cheer" ahead of the holiday? Or has that bouncing ball finally got to you? LOL.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by lclev View Post
    I have been elevated to a senior senior tech as our host has no idea why it is not working.
    I seem to remember your IT Department had just one employee!

- Nick

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    LOL, what is a "senior senior" tech? Or rather, who is mad at you at your church?
    This is with our hosting company that houses our website. English is not their first language (it was when I contracted with them!) Anyway, that is what I interpreted them as saying when I talked to the first person's supervisor who passed me to a senior tech who then said the person above them would respond to the trouble ticket on my issue. RIGHT... still waiting and with the holidays well right now I don't care.

As for church and mad at me??? I got stuck with the project of changing all our sanctuary lighting over to LED's. Not sure where that fits into my job description - AT ALL. Talk about a learning experience....
    As the single tech - I seem to be absorbing the electrical problems department too....just because my husband is an electrical inspector (but he is not licensed to work in Indiana so he can't do the work.)

Lisa

Your Mac's Specs
    Sly - you will have to suck it up. Remember - happy wife, happy life! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lisa

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    @Charlie, Haven't indulged in any holiday beverages yet. I was just hoping I could slip that in without someone noticing.If you're free I'm sure Lisa wouldn't mind if you take her place.

@Lisa Sunday I spent several hours on the phone with tech support for one of the wholesale club stores. We were trying to correct a problem that I first brought to their attention almost two years ago. Ten to twelve calls later, almost foour hours on the phone, and talking to several reps we finally have a solution I can live with but no idea what caused the original problem.

Still waiting to hear from the tech guy who was supposed to call me two years ago. Hope it doesn't take you that long to get things sorted out.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    Remember - happy wife, happy life! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    LOL, my wife and daughter are getting ready right now to do some holiday shopping. And believe me, that's a dangerous duo for our budget. But you're right, gotta keep them happy!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

And be sure to read Psalm 100.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    This is the second time I have had to change my password today, what's going on?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thread Information