Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 Retina 4k iMac. Mojave. 8GB Ram
    Blog Entries
    Ive noticed the date of birth cant be changed? so if someone used their real DOB when they joined the forums, they can not change it?

also some parts of the forum don't work. under my account> general settings nothing loaded... get a syntax error...

Site was breached
    Ive noticed the date of birth cant be changed? so if someone used their real DOB when they joined the forums, they can not change it?

Well I don't know about any other members, but I do know that I was not reborn. Maybe you were expecting someone else???

But I am suspecting that any hacker would have to break in or use some admin's password as per the note, assuming the option was set to hide the birthdate:
    Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below. Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

But is a person's birthday date actually that vital or a critical part to any security breach???

But they do ask me to confirm my birthdate when I go to the lab to provide a blood sample for my INR level. So maybe it is a sort of cross-check??? I don't know.

- Patrick
    ======

Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Quote Originally Posted by macgig View Post

also some parts of the forum don't work. under my account> general settings nothing loaded... get a syntax error...
    You can only hide your date of birth, not change it. I thought at one time that profile item was editable by the user but apparently it was changed when the vBulletin software was updated. However, I will go into the master data base and remove your date of birth entirely. And... I will do the same for any other member who wishes it also. Just let me know.

I can't explain why your profile settings will not load. I just tried mine and they worked fine.

Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    Blog Entries
    I put a fake DOB in mine so no big deal.

if I go to My account> edit profile> general settings, I get this.

syntax error, unexpected 'text' (T_STRING) on line 1 in /home/macforums/public_html/forums/profile.php(4826) : eval()'d code(67) : eval()'d code
    #0 /home/macforums/public_html/forums/profile.php(4826): eval()
    #1 /home/macforums/public_html/forums/dbseo.php(500): require('/home/macforums...')
    #2 {main}

Site was breached
    Quote Originally Posted by macgig View Post
    I put a fake DOB in mine so no big deal.

if I go to My account> edit profile> general settings, I get this.

syntax error, unexpected 'text' (T_STRING) on line 1 in /home/macforums/public_html/forums/profile.php(4826) : eval()'d code(67) : eval()'d code
    #0 /home/macforums/public_html/forums/profile.php(4826): eval()
    #1 /home/macforums/public_html/forums/dbseo.php(500): require('/home/macforums...')
    #2 {main}

For your records, I get exactly the same thing which I believe I referred and implied to a few days ago as a reply post about the page not working properly.

- Patrick
    ======

Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    Blog Entries
    something that will be fixed eventually or probably not? Im curious what settings are there than I don't have access to since its not working.

Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    What happens if you select "settings" from the upper right hand menu item (next to your My Profile) at the top of the page?

Site was breached
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    What happens if you select "settings" from the upper right hand menu item (next to your My Profile) at the top of the page?

For myself, that's the only way I can get to my Settings, and that page shows just as macgig posted above.
    i.e.: syntax error, unexpected 'text' (T_STRING) on line 1 in … etc.

- Patrick
    ======

Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    Okay. That page works fine for me and should work for everyone else. I'm going to look at your profile in the master data base to see if there are any errors showing up. Stand by....

I just checked your profile in the master data base and everything looked okay. I'm not sure why the settings page seems to not be working for you and macgig. We will have a look at it in more detail when Nick gets back from traveling. In the meantime, if anyone needs something changed like DOB or whatever, let me know and I can make the changes.

Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Hey Charlie, I'm not sure if this helps identify the problem but here's what happens for me. When I read this thread earlier I wnet to the Settigns page and it loaded fine. At that time I didn't test the links. A few minutes ago I tested the links on the left. If I click the "General Settings" it creats the sanme error the guys are seeing.

For me, the "General Settings" link appears to be the only one generating an error.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    Ah... okay Sly.

I just tested what you said and you are correct. I now get the same syntax error.

I would say for now, just avoid the "General Settings" and go directly to the item you wish to change. DOB can't be changed anyway except by an Administrator. Don't ask me why we even need that particular item?

Site was breached
    I just tested what you said and you are correct. I now get the same syntax error.

Ahhhggghhh…. get your Mac protected now, it's contagious and spreading so it must be a virus… and no its not my fault and I didn't do it!!!

- Patrick
    ======

Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    I'm getting the same "settings" error. Will look into things ASAP.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Site was breached
    Your Mac's Specs
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    settings works. but in settings> my account> general settings, I get the error.

Site was breached
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    I'm getting the same "settings" error. Will look into things ASAP.
    - Nick

Certainly not a super vital problem I wouldn't think, and not much difference to their erroneous posting timestamp for some users.

But I sure hope you don't need to use any of their support videos they have at their site: https://www.vbulletin.com/en/learn-more/

I took a quick look at some which were rather pathetically done, and I couldn't even understand what the girl was talking about even with the volume turned up with one such tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgPRAXSWXA

Anyway, you probably don't have to deal with them, and good luck on your problem-solving. Sort of odd that one would have to fix the site that helps people fix their problem eh???

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information