Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Transfer songs from iMac to iPhone
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    @greyzland

I think your problem is that Apple Music songs are DRM protected as they are technically not owned by you but "rented" under your monthly subscription. So can't be copied, BUT -

As it says, you can get them on to your iPhone but only by turning on iCloud Music Library on your Mac and on your iPhone.

At least that's my take on the issue.

Ian
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    @greyzland

I think your problem is that Apple Music songs are DRM protected as they are technically not owned by you but "rented" under your monthly subscription. So can't be copied, BUT -

As it says, you can get them on to your iPhone but only by turning on iCloud Music Library on your Mac and on your iPhone.

At least that's my take on the issue.

Ian

Apple's instructions here should work:
    Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593

And if that doesn't work, I believe iMazing.app certainly can amongst all it's other helpful stuff it can do that Apple's methods can't or won't.:
    https://imazing.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwo...MaAtC6EALw_wcB

See here:
    How to...
    Transfer music from a computer to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://imazing.com/guides/how-to-tr...-or-ipod-touch

- Patrick
    ======

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Patrick, you're quite correct, as usual, in finding these articles; but I think they apply to personally purchased songs in iTunes which are not DRM. The DRM protected Apple Music songs, as far as I can see, can only be downloaded onto the iPhone via the iCloud Music Setting on Mac and iPhone.

Ian
    Ian

I was wondering why my previously bought songs from iTunes are no longer in my MBP... I can no longer play them without connecting to the internet.... I use to play them even without the internet... first time I heard about this DRM when i tried to copy iTunes song which I downloaded lately when iTunes offered me FREE download until October.... even the songs I copied from my CDs which were entered into iTunes ( I guess by default ) were deleted by iTunes..... I did not comprehend what was going on...I just took it for what it was.....Oh well.....tough to be 70 and all I know was click "Yes".... and " I Agree"...

Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    Patrick, you're quite correct, as usual, in finding these articles; but I think they apply to personally purchased songs in iTunes which are not DRM. The DRM protected Apple Music songs, as far as I can see, can only be downloaded onto the iPhone via the iCloud Music Setting on Mac and iPhone.

Ian
    I think greyzland may want to do some googling as I found lots of info just googling on part of what their posted screenshot said and that gives lots of hits for explanations and some solutions:
    apple music songs cannot be copied to an iphone
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=apple+...ne&form=APMCS1

and that gives lots of hits like:
    http://www.convertanymusic.com/tutor...o-an-ipod.html
    and many more…

Apple's own idea of their own iTunes DRM it seems like.

I understood that one was supposed to be able to share their iTunes music with certain family members etc. but I might be wrong.

- Patrick
    ======

I was wondering why my previously bought songs from iTunes are no longer in my MBP

Again, I don't know but a google or bing websearch gives lots of hits as to why:ie:
    I was wondering why my previously bought songs from iTunes are no longer in my MBP
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=I+was+...BP&form=APMCS1

It seems like there can be almost too many variables and conditions these days. And yes I'm 77 which makes the old brain work too hard.

PS: No wonder I never purchase any music from Apple's iTunes music store.

- Patrick
    ======
    Last edited by pm-r; 09-17-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks for all your replies...very informative..... for me, reading them is one thing..... executing them is another..... solving my problem with another software program seems like solving one problem by creating another problem...how many times have I screwed up my download because my laptop seems to have been frozen so I start on banging the keys.....how many times I have messed up MBP by redoing what is supposed to be a simple process and procedure.... how many times I subscribed to the software program, paying the monthly charges not knowing Im being charged... it's hard to keep track of everything even if I write everything down in hard copy and some reminders in my CP........it's life....making it simple is just difficult nowadays...

Thread Information