Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The "Unofficial" Mac-Forums Guitar Thread!
    Your Mac's Specs
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
    Haha - no sale, I'm not sure Ibanez makes a guitar that I truly like. Plus, I'll probably never part with that particular guitar.

The more observant readers will note a common trait across all of my guitars - anyone??
    I will take a stab at it with it looks like every model has at least one set of double pickups DeMarzio Humbuckers maybe.

Your Mac's Specs
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by osxx View Post
    I will take a stab at it with it looks like every model has at least one set of double pickups DeMarzio Humbuckers maybe.
    No - and definitely not DeMarzios. Most have seymour duncans - I swapped in SD pups in my every day guitars (well, back when there was such a thing)

Your Mac's Specs
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    No more guesses from all the guitarists here?

Your Mac's Specs
    13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
    I wish I was more observant, but I can't even begin to guess!
    Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!

Your Mac's Specs
    16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
    No more guesses from all the guitarists here?
    Other than a tendency to break strings and procrastinate in replacing them . . .

I haven't a clue
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    Other than a tendency to break strings and procrastinate in replacing them . . .

I haven't a clue
    Haha - true - but only because a. I haven't been playing for the past 3.5 years and b. it's a royal pain in the butt to change strings on anything with a floyd.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post

I haven't a clue
    Yes - but any guesses to offer here?

Ok ok - All the guitars - with the possible exception of the Ibanez which I've never really used but has a very very thin finish - have unfinished necks. I love unfinished necks - and have never really liked the feel of a finished neck - which is probably the only reason there's no Gibson LP in that mix - as I'd love to have one. That, and the high raised bridge on those things. I might have accepted an answer that noted a heavy EVH influence in my gear as well.

Your Mac's Specs
    Gah - I looked at all the necks closely and that didn't even enter my mind! But now you mention it, it's fairly obvious.

Your Mac's Specs
    Retina MBP 15" 2.6 1TB ssd/16gig ram /30" dell 3008. and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
    I imagine there are a few people here who play guitar in some shape or form, so I thought it would be good if we had our own little corner of the Forum to discuss gear/share pics/Garage Band tips etc. etc.

Suppose I should start!

I've been playing for a couple of years, mainly electric although I do have a couple of Acoustic guitars lying around. Like to play most things, although I would say my 'niche' would have to be metal/rock/punk. Had about 6 months worth of lessons to get the basics down, and then went from there...

Onto the guitars...

Gibson SG Angus Young Signature 'Angus':-

I 'inherited' this SG from my fiancee, after her father bought it for her, even though she can't play electric. So I was more than happy to receive!

An old Squier Affinity Strat 'Excalibur': -

I can't be the only person who names their guitars, can I?!

This was my first guitar, and has served me well. It's set up beautifully, and if I'm learning a new song, this is the guitar I will practice on... Because the Gibson is a cruel beast when you get it wrong!

I've also got a Fender and Epi. acoustic, but they are currently in storage, I'll post up pics of those at a later date - if this thread gets anywhere!

Finally, my amp. Vox VT 40+. I'm looking to get a 'proper' amp in the near future, but this one fulfills my needs for now!

I'm more than expecting this thread to fall flat on it's face, and die a horrible death... But it would be nice if some of our other players would chime in every now and again!
    that SG is beautiful!

Your Mac's Specs
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Does anyone have an iPad guitar adapter? I'm not sure which one to get…

I'll only be using it to mess around a bit more with Garageband, so I'm not sure if I want to splurge for the pricier dock connector ones (especially since dock connector accessories tend to become incompatible with later device revisions).

Your Mac's Specs
    I don't - but I had toyed with the idea of picking up iRig if I decide to start playing a little more often.

Your Mac's Specs
    I don't have one either, but as Brian said, if I was to get one it would be the iRig...While we're kind of on the subject, does anyone here use Logic? I'm wondering if it's worth the money when Garageband (on the iMac) seems to meet most of my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovetube
    that SG is beautiful!
    Thanks! It's pretty filthy at the moment, which I hadn't really noticed until I got up close to take some pics of it it today... As promised a while back, a couple more shots of the SG, and the acoustics.

Angus...

Disgustingly dirty pups!

I never really notice the dust when I'm playing... Kinda glad I don't now, or I'd have to clean it before each time I pick it up!

Cheapo Ibanez acoustic, doesn't get played much - travels a lot though.

And finally, Fender electro-acoustic - Again, doesn't really see the light of day, it's a bit too big to sit down and play for any amount of time, and the strings are like razor wire but I'm too lazy to get them changed. 'Tis a joy to look at though.

Your Mac's Specs
    Nice. Like the Angus on the tail piece of the SG - hehe.

I've actually pulled my acoustic out of mothballs over the past two weeks. The entire family is coming to the house for Christmas - and since everyone in my family plays or sings or at least thinks that they can - it invariably turns into a jam session. Figured I'd better go remember how to play some cowboy chords at the very least. Kind of fun playing again - ....hmmmm...maybe I need some more gear...

Your Mac's Specs
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Wow. I had seen the creation of this thread, and never bothered to look at it until now. Loads of good stuff! Brian, I'd have had the answer, but didn't get here until now!

I'll post some pics sometime later this week, no time for that now. As for using iRig with Garageband, I'd rather suggest one go for iJam by Apogee. The SNR is much better and very noticeable. Lots of background hiss with the iRig. Yes, the iJam is $100, but IMO, worth it. I personally have the Apogee ONE, but don't use it much right now. Wish I had the time!

Doug

Your Mac's Specs
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    I thought I would have seen one Les Paul by now wish I had one but for as little as I play a little over my budget.

Thread Information