Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Constructive Criticism
    Hey Guys. I was wondering if you would lend me your ears.

This is for a project i am currently doing for Uni. Any advice you have to give will be gratefully received.

Song 2 - A2 SSP1 [ROUGH MIX] by Disabled Reaction on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

(It is not me singing )
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    What kind of criticism are you looking to get? Production quality ? General quality of the cover etc ?

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Its crap !!!!! JK

To be honest, it seems very low quality and the voice is being outdone by the music IMO Not a AudioFile so thats all i can give.
    I find i really need to concentrate on the words as they a lot softer than the Music.

NOW Does anyone else have trouble getting it to play in Safari ??
    I have had this problem since SL. I cant play ANY SoundCloud audio from Safari, i need to copy/paste the URL into FF
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post

I have had this problem since SL. I cant play ANY SoundCloud audio from Safari, i need to copy/paste the URL into FF
    I had no trouble with it playing/opening in Safari.

I liked the song, but just like TattoedMac said, the vocals where drowning out the music. Other than that it is great.

- Kyle

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by roflitskyle View Post
    I had no trouble with it playing/opening in Safari.

- Kyle

What are you running Kyle ?? I have had this problem since SL as i didnt know about SC before that. I cant play any song. Even local friend DJ's i still need to open FF. Maybe time to move over completely
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    There is something wrong with Safari on your system. I just played it in the latest Safari on 10.6.7 totally updated and it working fine.

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Well, I guess we're critiquing the actual musicianship then.

I find the tempo to lag a little bit.. drumming needs to be kept more in the pocket. Guitar needs to be tuned, unless that's the effect the guitarist is going for.. slacker style, that is. And as for the vocals.. don't like them at all. he needs to stop trying to be a pop singer with all the silly sustained notes and stick to the script as it were... I do like when the distortion kicks in for the chorus.. sounds pretty tight then, other than the guy with the mic

He does have potential though.. just needs to stop trying to Jennifer Hudson up a rock song is all...

Doug

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    haha I agree with all of you. It was pretty much a effort of a bunch of amatuer musicians in our attempt to create a recording. It is in no way attempting to be the next "Dark Side Of The Moon" just to demonstrate an understanding of mic placement, basic mixing and editing, and competence with the hardware involved with creating a semi-decent recording.

none of us claim to be any good at our instruments, and he is no way a vocalist - but he was the best we had (I had a shot, i sucked big time ) hes a guitarist at heart, but he could sing the most in tune - says alot for the rest of us

so pretty much, a bunch of wannabe audio engineers playing the instruments.

I was on guitar (in drop C, long story short, i prefer to play in drop tunings) and that was probably the issue of tuning. My guitar wavers around with tunings in general.

So things to improve would be:

- bring vocals into the mix

- new, in tune takes of the guitars

- new vocals?

I thank you for your honesty, id much rather have it straight than beaten round the bush.

FWIW, I have the Safari/Soundcloud issues aswell. cant get anything to play. I have to use the app from the App Store to play anything.

Thank you for taking the time to listen guys.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    Hey, you guys sound quite fine really.. for "amateurs". I think you're good on the gee tar, the drummer isn't too shabby and even the guy singing isn't bad, he just needs a bit of direction.

It sounds like you've dropped one mic into the center of the room, and have also mic'd the guitar amps, and kick drum perhaps. Or maybe it just sounds like that because of the mix. It would help knowing how you guys set things up, what kind of mic's you used and what other kinds of equipment you're using.

I think the main thing is though, whether or not you're having fun playing? Without that, all else is just moot IMO. Do you guys plan on playing out or recording anything original?

Doug

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    I couldn't get it to play in Safari either - although my one working ear probably wouldn't have been able to offer much critique But after reading everyone's comments - now I want to go listen - as soon as AI is over.

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
    I couldn't get it to play in Safari either - although my one working ear probably wouldn't have been able to offer much critique But after reading everyone's comments - now I want to go listen - as soon as AI is over.
    I hope your one non working ear is a temp issue and not something permanent!

I also wonder why some here are having issues with Safari and playing that url? All using latest version with 10.6.7?

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Yes - should be temporary - I got started on 2 antibiotics today plus steroids. The danger of flying with a nasty sinus infection - that got pushed well into my ears - not fun. Gives me an excuse to stay home tomorrow and play with my new machine some more.

Yes - running 10.6.7 here and Safari 5.0.5

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    Yes - should be temporary - I got started on 2 antibiotics today plus steroids. The danger of flying with a nasty sinus infection - that got pushed well into my ears - not fun. Gives me an excuse to stay home tomorrow and play with my new machine some more.
    Great. I thought I saw you had mentioned an middle ear infection. I had a friend with the same issue and he had to fly also and it pushed the infection against the Inner Ear and the room turned for hours. Take it easy and enjoy that new iMac!

That is strange. I will look into it. Screen Shot of Safari playing that song.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    Same here. I click play and nothing happens. In fact, it doesn't work in Safari (5.0.5), Chrome Canary (13.0.762.1) or Opera (11.10). Worked fine in the Firefox Nightly though (2011-05-05). Hmmm....
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Constructive Criticism
    Your Mac's Specs
    This is crazy. What is so special about my 2007 iMac C2d? Tried Safari 5.0.5, FF 4.01, Chrome 12.0.742.30 dev and the newest Opera. Played on all of them.

What is up? I am speechless. Does that site like me or something?

Thread Information