Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Uploading video probelm
    Your Mac's Specs
    Previously, MacBook Pro 15"; now a Mac mini 8GB 2.6 GHz; Glyph Studio 1TB ext; 24" Cinema Display.
    Uploading video probelm
    //whoops... 'problem'// After my friend video'd my first session in a recording studio (Glen Campbell's Wichita Lineman) on his camera, the 16GB SanDisc isn't being 'seen' by either my card reader or my Cybershot camera. He used a different camera. Curiously neither is a second similar disc of mine with just photos on. What am I doing wrong ? (Apart from the choice of song that is !)
    Last edited by davowolf; 10-01-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Uploading video probelm
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Lots of questions arise. What camera was used? Did your friend reformat the card to make the video? Has the card ever worked on your Mac or camera? Does your friend's camera have a USB interface that you could use to transfer the video? Do you know what format the video is in? You said a "second similar disc" had issues. But the first I took as a card, not a disc. What am I missing? (Not questioning the song, I like it.) Does anything else work in the reader/USB slot?
    Jake

Uploading video probelm
    Quote Originally Posted by davowolf View Post
    //whoops... 'problem'// After my friend video'd my first session in a recording studio (Glen Campbell's Wichita Lineman) on his camera, the 16GB SanDisc isn't being 'seen' by either my card reader or my Cybershot camera. He used a different camera. Curiously neither is a second similar disc of mine with just photos on. What am I doing wrong ? (Apart from the choice of song that is !)
    -I can see the Cybershot camera not recognizing the SD card (is it actually an SD card?), but the Mac would ecognize the card even if it possibly couldn't read the file format on the card.
    Do you have another card you can try on the card reader to make sure it's Ok.
    I found a lot of these SD-to-USB card readers (assuming that is what you have) tend to be really 'flaky' - they are cheap and built to sell for pennies.

Uploading video probelm
    Your Mac's Specs
    Previously, MacBook Pro 15"; now a Mac mini 8GB 2.6 GHz; Glyph Studio 1TB ext; 24" Cinema Display.
    Thanks for your thoughts MW and krs. Now when I try to import simple photos from an sd card in my Sony Cybershot camera via a USB lead into the back of my MacMini, the computer isn't seeing it ! Whatever's going on ?

Uploading video probelm
    Quote Originally Posted by davowolf View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts MW and krs. Now when I try to import simple photos from an sd card in my Sony Cybershot camera via a USB lead into the back of my MacMini, the computer isn't seeing it ! Whatever's going on ?
    From your description it's not clear to me what you are doing.
    Are you trying to connect yourcamera to a USB port on the Mini?
    What Mini do you have? Mine has an SD card slot that I use to read SD cards and that works fine.
    I occasionally also use an SD-to-USB adapter, but these things don't always work, sometimes you have to plug them in a few times.
    Can you be more specific in exactly how you have things connected.

Uploading video probelm
    Your Mac's Specs
    krs you've solved it for me. Thanks a lot. mp4 files visible in Finder. I'm ashamed to confess that I had forgotten about the sd slot in the back of the MacMIni. A question of, 'out of sight out of mind'! Neither my card reader nor camera however via USB worked, but putting the card in the slot directly did the job. But why should that be ?

Thread Information