Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Is there an easty way to get old family videos into 10.6.8 iMovie & iMovie HD?
    Your Mac's Specs
    24" iMac, 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook
    Is there an easier way to get old family videos into OS 10.6.8 iMovie & iMovie HD for easy editing! I have a ton of old family videos I want to re-edit them with the much easier iMovie 5.0 & iMovie HD. They are so much more intuitive & easy than the "Canne Film Festival & Hollywood version Apple now produces as iMovie! I used to use the "pass through" selection on a video camera to change them to the right form to import into iMovie HD. That piece of equipment sadly died!

Do you know a piece of equipment that can be used convert the signals from a DVD player output to older iMac input that runs O.S.10.6.8, & iMovie HD? I suspect some company may make such a peice of electonic equipment since an old video camera with a pass through selector did it! There may be some products that convert the DVD Player output - to iMac input so a iMovie 5.0. or iMovie HD editor can accept the input. Any help from you geniuses???

I want to use the great, "SIMPLE", intuitive editing programs of old O.S. 10.8.6 as it's SOOOOOO much easier! Thanx in advance for any help!

I figured out a work around,.... BUT it uses Handbrake to rip the video, & then takes the lifetime of a one of Trump's promises (about a day& a half) to input it into iMovie HD. HELP!

It's much easier to fix Hot Rods~ Up to 702 H.P. now!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr. D; 02-16-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    I like hot rods & know adjectives other than "awesome"! Lightening Strikes are "awesome", but just say your hamburger was "good"!

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    You will need something like this, https://www.amazon.com/Canopus-ADVC-.../dp/B000CDMYAE
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.12.6. iPhone 5 iOS 11.3.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Nice ride Mr D. Love the colour. Sorry not much help re your issue but respec to you.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Thread Information