Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Did I charge to much
    I did some video editing for the GM at work. He had about 6 segments from his GoPro camera's which were about 15 to 20 mins long for each segment. He recieved a birthday gift to take a ride in a L39 training jet.

I edited the video with intro with background music from topgun and a nice little ending. After all said in done about 13.50 minutes long with custom DVD label and cover. DVD made to play on DVD player with sub menus's.

Charge $200.00

To much or to Less (I have about 6 to 8 hours in the project with some purchasing about 4 songs for the back ground music)

Did I charge to much
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    You gave him a bargain. But since he's your GM, I can understand that. Don't worry about it, you definitely didn't over charge him!

thanks

Did I charge to much
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by fear7950 View Post

Charge $200.00

To much or to Less (I have about 6 to 8 hours in the project with some purchasing about 4 songs for the back ground music)
    Well...that works out to be $25.00 to $33.33/hour. Sounds like you had to do quite a bit of video reviewing (6 clips @15-20min each), video editing, and application of your years of experience...so I would think that $200 for a 13.5min birthday video wasn't too bad.

I'm no video editing professional (and what current rates are)...so I could be wrong. But considering the time & expertise that went into it...$200 would seem fair.

I did some quick searching...and found folks quoting $50-$150 dollars/hour for single project work...versus someone who's working for a company 40hours/week collecting a regular salary (which may have a lower dollars/hour salary). So your charge of $25-$33/hour sounds like a bargain!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

I did some video editing for the GM at work. He had about 6 segments from his GoPro camera's which were about 15 to 20 mins long for each segment. He recieved a birthday gift to take a ride in a L39 training jet.

I edited the video with intro with background music from topgun and a nice little ending. After all said in done about 13.50 minutes long with custom DVD label and cover. DVD made to play on DVD player with sub menus's.

Charge $200.00

Don't short sell yourself because if you do everyone else will. If your work is worth it people will pay.

What would you guys normally charge for a 2.5 minute edit?

Quote Originally Posted by macmacattack View Post
    What would you guys normally charge for a 2.5 minute edit?
    You can't charge for how long the video is but you should charge how long it took to make the video

You can't charge for how long the video is but you should charge how long it took to make the video
    Touche

Thread Information