Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Post Some things have their uses
    I'll call myself a novice video editor and mainly use for home, vacation type stuff.
    A few years back I took a group of pictures that the kids took from a vacation, created a slide show. Imported this to Windows Movie Maker, added some music ("Girls just want to have fun") and some moving graphics (heart beats, EKG). The kids loved it. The whole thing took me a few hours.

I only use Windows machines at work now but I do not see the capability to add weird stuff like that on iMovie nor iMovie HD. Trimming, adding, rotation is fine on iMovie and iMHD but adding other stuff....

Can that be done with iMovie or iMovie HD?

Some things have their uses
    Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Note: Moved post to it's own thread rather than tacked onto a 4 year old one.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Some things have their uses

Your Mac's Specs
    21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
    Quote Originally Posted by Poogee View Post
    I'll call myself a novice video editor and mainly use for home, vacation type stuff.
    A few years back I took a group of pictures that the kids took from a vacation, created a slide show. Imported this to Windows Movie Maker, added some music ("Girls just want to have fun") and some moving graphics (heart beats, EKG). The kids loved it. The whole thing took me a few hours.

I only use Windows machines at work now but I do not see the capability to add weird stuff like that on iMovie nor iMovie HD. Trimming, adding, rotation is fine on iMovie and iMHD but adding other stuff....

Can that be done with iMovie or iMovie HD?
    Yes. Manipulation.

Manipulation? i have looked but do not see that as menu item?
    I know that "Manipulation" is generic(?) for modifying time, etc on a movie. But how would I add a heartbeat or EKG on top of a picture that is part of a slide show. For example, a boy sitting next to a girl, would like to add a beating heart (cartoon wise) or EKG on top of the boy?

chas_m
    What you describe isn't doable on iMovie. It's not intended for special effects, it's intended for easy editing of video for people who don't do this all the time.

Thread Information