Re-install Mojave (but it wasn't comptr's orig. OS version)
    My wife's 10.14.6 Macbook Pro keeps logging her off for no reason forcing her to log on again, an irritant! Using the suggested Security & Privacy-> General->Unlock->Advanced strategy didn't work -- it was already set never to log user out. So I was thinking that maybe re-installing Mojave might fix whatever the hidden bug is. (Not ready to move to Catalina -- haven't updated some software yet.) But trying to use Reinstall macOS - Apple Support as a guide is confusing: none of the situations they cover apply to me: (1) I don't want to install the latest OS (Catalina); (2) I don't want to install the os that came with the computer originally (it was pre-Mojave; I want Mojave). Not sure how to proceed. Thanks for any info.

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by abr88 View Post
    My wife's 10.14.6 Macbook Pro keeps logging her off for no reason forcing her to log on again, an irritant! Using the suggested Security & Privacy-> General->Unlock->Advanced strategy didn't work -- it was already set never to log user out. So I was thinking that maybe re-installing Mojave might fix whatever the hidden bug is. (Not ready to move to Catalina -- haven't updated some software yet.) But trying to use Reinstall macOS - Apple Support as a guide is confusing: none of the situations they cover apply to me: (1) I don't want to install the latest OS (Catalina); (2) I don't want to install the os that came with the computer originally (it was pre-Mojave; I want Mojave). Not sure how to proceed. Thanks for any info.
    Rather than reinstalling Mojave from scratch, it's better to try applying the most recent Combo Update. That can often iron out buggy behavior, especially if instigated by a previous update. You can download the 10.14.6 Combo Update in link below from Apple.
    Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    Quote Originally Posted by abr88 View Post
    You want to boot up into macOS Recovery, About macOS Recovery - Apple Support.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thread Information