Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Catalina 10.15.2 now available for download
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.15.5 beta
    Good thought. I didn't think about that until I read your post. Needless to say I've had my Homer Simpson moment for the day.

With two monitors in use now I have less need for Mission Control than I used to but there are still times where that feature would be useful.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

I'm wondering though why Apple would change something as simple as clicking on Mail and having it open to show the mailboxes without having to click twice.

Maybe they started reading and actually paying attenuation to the complaints of all the extra clicking in their more recent macOS versions and actually did some changes for a change according to some users complaints??? Maybe some user's wishes with some OS wonder changes can still happen.

- Patrick
    ======

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    When combined with "hot corners" Spaces becomes an extremely powerful tool on laptops and I use both functions in conjunction with each other constantly on my MBP. By creating a single "hot corner" (top right in my case) to open Spaces I can in one action minimise all active windows on the current desktop and choose whichever one I want to bring to the front, I can create multiple new desktops, move any open windows to another or new desktop or simply create a new one or close an existing one. I would be lost without the real estate this invaluable feature provides.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums
    Don't be an April Fool: WORLD BACKUP DAY MARCH 31st

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    When combined with "hot corners" Spaces becomes an extremely powerful tool on laptops and I use both functions in conjunction with each other constantly on my MBP. By creating a single "hot corner" (top right in my case) to open Spaces I can in one action minimise all active windows on the current desktop and choose whichever one I want to bring to the front, I can create multiple new desktops, move any open windows to another or new desktop or simply create a new one or close an existing one. I would be lost without the real estate this invaluable feature provides.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums
    Absolutely!! That’s spot on for me.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    I have 4 Macs, most recent 2020, 13.3 MacBook Air running on osMac 10.15.3
    Upgrading to osMac 10.15.2 (aka Catalina)
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    As the title indicates, Catalina 10.15.2 is now available for download.

Please be sure to backup your Mac with either the free Time Machine app or cloning software. Preferably, both.

Have fun.
    As advised by Apple UK, I always upgrade my OS when advised by them. Upgrading to Catalina 10.15., I had to use the upgrader 3 times to get the upgrade. Upgrading to 10.15.2, I lost all my licences to CleanMyMac X. Luckily, thanks to MacPaw, I was able to retrieve all my licences for CleanMyMac X.

I've been a Mac user since 1992, and since it became available I have never used Time Machine, because it is not bootable. I have always used CarbonCopyCloner as you can clone a bootable version.

Personally, I think Apple changes it's OS far too often. For example no sooner get used to Mojave and then they upgrade to Catalina.

In future, I will never upgrade to Apple's next OS, until it's at's at the third release of the OS.

Jim

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    I have never used Time Machine, because it is not bootable.
    As of Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2) Time Machine is bootable, as long as the Recovery partition is available.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    I've been a Mac user since 1992, and since it became available I have never used Time Machine, because it is not bootable. I have always used CarbonCopyCloner as you can clone a bootable version.
    That is not correct. As Bob stated above, Time Machine is bootable as long as you have a Recovery partition. However, we also recommend cloning software such as Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper.

As advised by Apple UK, I always upgrade my OS when advised by them. Upgrading to Catalina 10.15., I had to use the upgrader 3 times to get the upgrade. Upgrading to 10.15.2, I lost all my licences to CleanMyMac X. Luckily, thanks to MacPaw, I was able to retrieve all my licences for CleanMyMac X.
    We do not recommend using using CleanMyMac (any version) as it sometimes cleans too much and is known to cause problems.

In future, I will never upgrade to Apple's next OS, until it's at's at the third release of the OS.
    That is certainly your prerogative and waiting until the 2nd or 3rd release may be a good idea.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    We do not recommend using using CleanMyMac (any version) as it sometimes cleans too much and is known to cause problems.
    Okay, I gotta ask, what problems?
    Don't be an April Fool: WORLD BACKUP DAY MARCH 31st

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Rod, we've been over this before. I know that you use the app and also several of our members do also. All you need to do is use your search engine and bring up problems with CleanMyMac. You can see for yourself.

Thread Information