Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Contaminate my iMac?

Your Mac's Specs
    21 inch iMac/Mojave. iPhones 5c&8
    Contaminate my iMac?
    Good morning all, I do not require an Office program very often and prior to installing Mojave 10.14 I have always used OpenOffice. Since I updated to Mojave my OpenOffice comes under "not Apple software" and needs special security permission. Sorry but I have not got a clue as to how to activate the Special Security in Mojave; nothing I do in "Security & Privacy" seems to make any difference. I have NO DESIRE at all to download any Microsoft software and contaminate my Mac. PLEASE does any one have a method of over riding the built in security in Mojave 10.14?

Very best regards from Keith in Derby England.
    You failed to prepare, now prepare to fail.
    Growing old is Inevitable -- Growing up is Optional!

Contaminate my iMac?

Hi Keith New to Macs myself, how is Derby today?

Another forum is suggesting a "GateKeeper" issue, what ever that is !

Found this read the last entry, have you downloaded a language pack by mistake ?

Unable to install OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Mac Mojave (View topic) • Apache OpenOffice Community Forum

Contaminate my iMac?

Hi Keith

Have you looked at <cough> office.com

Sign in and you can use the free "online" version. No contamination just the visual eye burn out you may suffer.

Contaminate my iMac?

Your Mac's Specs
    21 inch iMac/Mojave. iPhones 5c&8
    Hi TotalSolutions, welcome to our forum. After searching around for Office software I have found Pages in my Mac. On first sight it would appear to satisfy my requirements! It is amazing what you can find if only you look in the right place Keith in Derby. Will report later if it fails at the first hurdle but I feel quite satisfied with it at the moment.
    Do not envy you your location, having visited London over the years and living in Northwood whilst serving in the RAF (22years total) but only two of them in Northwood, I am not very impressed with the place. I find life much too hectic down there, plus the fact that if it does not happen South of the Watford Gap it simply does not happen at all. I suppose someone has to live there but "So sorry, not me!" Keith in Derby.
    You failed to prepare, now prepare to fail.
    Growing old is Inevitable -- Growing up is Optional!

Contaminate my iMac?
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Hi Keith

Well done in finding Pages. It will almost certainly suffice for all the usual tasks - indeed, it has many powerful features too.

If you ever need to send a Pages document, you can easily convert it to "Word". All you have to do is Click on File in the top menu bar, then choose "Export" - you can export as PDF, Word and others.

BTW - all the major Microsoft programmes like, PowerPoint and Excel have Mac equivalents = Keynote and Numbers; and all can be converted to their Microsoft equivalents by using the File > Export option mentioned above.

Ian

PS Apple can still read Word, Excel and PowerPoint files that come to you from other senders.
    Ian

Contaminate my iMac?
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Hello, Keith. To solve your original problem, find the app that won't open, right click on it and then choose Open. You will get a warning of some sort that it is not an "official" or "approved" app and are you sure. Answer as appropriate and the app will open. After doing that once, you won't be nagged about that bit of software again.
    Jake

Thread Information