Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    It does appear your user account is corrupt in some way. It could be anything but probably not software since it's the same in Safe mode. You can always create a new admin account and transfer your data to it but it might be better to do a clean install of Catalina 10.15.1 and forgo running the beta.
    Install fresh Catalina isn't avaiable now, how I can transfer my own files history of programs/etc, settings, etc to new admin account on existing system? Thank you.

Slow Wifi on Catalina for current user
    Quote Originally Posted by Skazhikadyadya View Post
    Ooops. Sure, 10.15.2, excuse me.

Geesh...!!! If I had noticed you were running a macOS Beta I wouldn't have even bothered replying. That's a question for the beta groups to maybe answer, not regular MacOS versions forums.

Thanks for the heads-up Charlie.

- Patrick
    ======
    Last edited by pm-r; Yesterday at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    Geesh...!!! If I had noticed you were running a macOS Beta I wouldn't have even bothered replying. That's a question for the beta groups to maybe answer, not regular MacOS versions forums.

Thanks for the heads-up Charlie.

- Patrick
    ======
    Ok, sorry.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Install fresh Catalina isn't avaiable now, how I can transfer my own files history of programs/etc, settings, etc to new admin account on existing system? Thank you.
    One way is to move your entire User Folder and Applications Folder to the new account. However, you may run into difficulty with certain software that requires registration or activation. After moving your User Folder and Applications Folder, make sure all your data is there and that all your programs are working okay. If everything is okay you can remove the old corrupt account.

Make sure you have a copy of all your serial numbers and registrations for software before doing the above. And first make a backup!

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    One way is to move your entire User Folder and Applications Folder to the new account. However, you may run into difficulty with certain software that requires registration or activation. After moving your User Folder and Applications Folder, make sure all your data is there and that all your programs are working okay. If everything is okay you can remove the old corrupt account.

Make sure you have a copy of all your serial numbers and registrations for software before doing the above. And first make a backup!
    chown / chmod with new username not needed?..

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Installing fresh Catalina isn't available now, what does that mean? All you have to do is open the App Store, and download Catalina.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thread Information