Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

User Mobile Account Rights Assistance
    Hey all,

Looking for some assistance / help on the following couple items

1. Have Macs that are AD joined. Users login with their AD account into the Macs and Mobile Accounts are created on the Mac. These users are not admins on the Mac. What can I do to grant them rights to be able to do specific tasks like adding printers, etc so that the admin login prompt doesnt come up everytime they try to access something?

2. On the Macs, we have an AD Group setup under Directory Services that if you are a member of, you would have admin rights to the Mac. My AD account is in that group, but when I login to one of the Macs I am working on with my AD Account, my mobile account is created and I get in fine, but when trying to do any admin tasks, I try to enter my username and password in the admin prompt and get an error that its not an admin account.....am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Smack2k View Post
    Hey all,

Looking for some assistance / help on the following couple items

1. Have Macs that are AD joined. Users login with their AD account into the Macs and Mobile Accounts are created on the Mac. These users are not admins on the Mac. What can I do to grant them rights to be able to do specific tasks like adding printers, etc so that the admin login prompt doesnt come up everytime they try to access something?

2. On the Macs, we have an AD Group setup under Directory Services that if you are a member of, you would have admin rights to the Mac. My AD account is in that group, but when I login to one of the Macs I am working on with my AD Account, my mobile account is created and I get in fine, but when trying to do any admin tasks, I try to enter my username and password in the admin prompt and get an error that its not an admin account.....am I doing something wrong?
    Hi buddy, sorry for bumping this thread. But have a similar issue (point1) so didn't feel right to create a new thread. Anyone yet with a solution?

Regards,
    Sloth Smith

Quote Originally Posted by sedersmith View Post
    Hi buddy, sorry for bumping this thread. But have a similar issue (point1) so didn't feel right to create a new thread. Anyone yet with a solution?

Regards,
    Sloth Smith
    Thanks for bumping....i am still trying to.find an answer

Thread Information