Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

OS Catalina and CAC
    I updated to the new OS Catalina and ever since then I am no longer able to access any CAC websites. I have parallels and not even with that am i able to access them. Does anyone know how to fix this?

OS Catalina and CAC
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Not knowing what CAC is, you may want to check the security settings in System Preferences > Security. You may have to allow it.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Not knowing what CAC is, you may want to check the security settings in System Preferences > Security. You may have to allow it.
    Military ID- we have to use this ID With a CAC Card Reader to access certain websites. I was able to access them before the upgrade.

OS Catalina and CAC
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    You will have to check with your base or unit admin to see if there is an update to support Catalina. As I recall, the update for Mojave was a couple of months showing up.
    Jake

OS Catalina and CAC
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Are you using any other software for use with the reader? I did a little searching and the website for PKard says they won’t be supporting Catalina. They say Catalina has native support for CAC readers. So offhand, you should be working. If you have something like PKard installed, you may need to uninstall it.

PKard for Mac and macOS Catalina | Thursby Software

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisabeach View Post
    Are you using any other software for use with the reader? I did a little searching and the website for PKard says they wonÂ’t be supporting Catalina. They say Catalina has native support for CAC readers. So offhand, you should be working. If you have something like PKard installed, you may need to uninstall it.

PKard for Mac and macOS Catalina | Thursby Software
    I have uninstalled everything. The only thing in there now are the certificates. I don't have any type of software for cac card readers installed. I try to log in with windows 10 using the parallels and it reads it then is says that i need to connect a smart card. This is one of the errors that it gives me:

Error is: Could not communicate with security server (invalid HTTP status code 0, probably access denied because of cross domain scripting), dbsign code: 305

which i have no idea what it means.

OS Catalina and CAC
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Here’s a discussion on Apple’s site about CAC readers. It’s about an upgrade to El Capitan, but relevant here:
    accessing military websites on mac, using… - Apple Community

The second comment goes into great detail as to what you need to do. You may not need the middleware now on Catalina according to my last post.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

OS Catalina and CAC
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Quote Originally Posted by estrada058 View Post
    I have uninstalled everything. The only thing in there now are the certificates. I don't have any type of software for cac card readers installed. I try to log in with windows 10 using the parallels and it reads it then is says that i need to connect a smart card. This is one of the errors that it gives me:

Error is: Could not communicate with security server (invalid HTTP status code 0, probably access denied because of cross domain scripting), dbsign code: 305

which i have no idea what it means.
    Does Win 10 see the card reader? If you’re in Parallels, and it is setup properly, then the issue, may be with Parallels or how it is setup?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

win 10
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Does Win 10 see the card reader? If you’re in Parallels, and it is setup properly, then the issue, may be with Parallels or how it is setup?
    Yes it does read it. When i choose the certificate it disconnects and it stops reading the card. it says to connect a smart card.

Good afternoon,

Has this question been resolved regarding MAC OS Catalina and CAC abilities? I have the same issue I just upgraded to Catalina 10.15.1. My CAC reader no longer works. Also, please, for the love of God, stop referencing "All" the steps in the military CAC Website. I use a military CAC as well. However, the website (CAC Card Support for military CAC Card) is out of date. It has not been updated since 2018. As such, the graphics/displays on the screen do not necessarily exist within Catalina 10.15.1. Therefore, it is entirely possible to be sure that all the drivers/software are removed and subsequently reinstalled? If anyone has a fix for this issue, please advise. Thank you.

Thread Information