Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Security update for Mojave
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    For those of you (including me) who are still on Mojave, Apple has issued a Security Update.

The update is rather large and will take quite a while to download and install. Also, I suspect it may update firmware since the machine reboots several times and remains dark for minutes before finally showing the white Apple and continuing. So be patient and make sure you have a good backup in place before installing the update.

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to try this on my 2012 MBA as a last ditch effort to see if that fixes what ails it. I started having issues with it locking up when sleeping while on Mojave and my gut instinct has been a possible firmware issue. It’s clearly that or a hardware problem. #fingerscrossed

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    I installed the update today on my 2009/2010 Mac Pro. Since I was working on another computer at the time and had a fast internet connection (yes, I was at work), I did not notice how large the update was or how long it took. It went smoothly and I was able to finish a project on it after the update.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    So the update didn't cure what plagued my old MacBook Air. BUT! I was clearing out some stuff in my spare room and found the original Apple SSD that I had swapped out a year ago for an OWC SSD. It's been 3 days now and no troubles waking it up from sleep. It's running a clone of the install that was on the OWC SSD, so no chalking that up to an install/app issue.

Of course now I'm in a quandry. I don't know if the OWC SSD is defective, or perhaps there was an Apple firmware update from a couple months ago that introduced an incompatibility with these OWC SSDs. AFAIK, only OWC makes replacements for this particular type, and they haven't had a firmware update for their SSD line in a very long time. I think I'm going to have to write this one off. I already have a new MacBook Air so at least I can flip the old one in perfect working condition now.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information