Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Problem with Mac Installer Applications - application is damaged, can not be used to install macOS
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    It should still be in your purchases but it could be "hidden". There is a show hidden button.
    Don't be an April Fool: WORLD BACKUP DAY MARCH 31st

Problem with Mac Installer Applications - application is damaged, can not be used to install macOS
    Quote Originally Posted by krs View Post
    My USB Flash drive with Mojave doesn't work anymore because of the expired certificate....
    You can very quickly get your copy of Mojave working again, without having to download anything again, by following the directions under "Method 2" here:

How to Fix “application is damaged, can’t be used to install macOS” Errors

Step 1. Find the Installer for macOS Mojave on your USB flash drive

Step 2. Right click on the installer and click “Show Package Contents”.

Step 3. Click on folder named “Contents”.

Step 4. Click on the folder named “SharedSupport”.

Step 5. Delete the file named “InstallInfo.plist”.

Step 6. Enter your administer password to confirm.

Step 7. Now open the installer for MacOS Mojave again, it will run
    Randy B. Singer
    Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
    Mac OS X Routine Maintenance • http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    It should still be in your purchases but it could be "hidden". There is a show hidden button.
    Thanks Rod,

I just looked at my Apple store purchases again. There is no "Show Hidden" button.
    All it shows are older macOS up to El Capitan and a few other Mac applications and others.
    I had also downloaded Sierra and High Sierra, neither one of those shows and when I do search for "macOS Mojave" all I get are apps related to Mojave.
    Last edited by krs; 05-23-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy B. Singer View Post
    You can very quickly get your copy of Mojave working again, without having to download anything again, by following the directions under "Method 2" here:

How to Fix “application is damaged, can’t be used to install macOS” Errors

Step 1. Find the Installer for macOS Mojave on your USB flash drive

Step 2. Right click on the installer and click “Show Package Contents”.

Step 3. Click on folder named “Contents”.

Step 4. Click on the folder named “SharedSupport”.

Step 5. Delete the file named “InstallInfo.plist”.

Step 6. Enter your administer password to confirm.

Step 7. Now open the installer for MacOS Mojave again, it will run
    Thanks Randy,

I remembered that those instructions were posted on this forum before, but trying to find them is not easy.

I'm going to start making my own reference file for ver useful items like that.

I haven't tried those instructions yet because last night as I was going to sleep I thought that maybe just resetting the date on my Mac might possibly do the trick.
    But then, on the other hand, I thought that it couldn't possibly be that easy and Apple would be smarter.
    However, Apple is rather sneaky here - the message that comes up is that the installer is corrupted (which in fact it isn't), but with a "Corrupted" file, people would just either try to repair it or trash it.
    But since I learned-through this forum -that this error messages just comes up when the certificate on the installer is expired, I figured setting back the clock on the Mac is worth a try - and sure enough - that works as well!

I wonder if anyone else installed macOS that way, by resetting the clock, installing the OS, and then setting the clock properly again.

I'll try the "delete InstallInfo plist" later today - once Mojave is installed on my external SSD I want to transfer everything from El Capitan to Mojave and that would probably take a few hours so I want to do that over night.

Quote Originally Posted by krs View Post

I wonder if anyone else installed macOS that way, by resetting the clock, installing the OS, and then setting the clock properly again....
    Not only does it work and people have done it, I've recommended this procedure several times on this discussion group, and I believe much earlier in this very thread.
    Randy B. Singer
    Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
    Mac OS X Routine Maintenance • http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    krs, my apologies. It seems like every time I look at the App Store they have changed it again. It was always Apple's process to remove the previous macOS when a new one was released and after a time return it on the App Store. It seems this is no longer the case. Apparently you can download the installer again IF you are actually running Mojave or an earlier macOS version, as in the case where you have performed a macOS restore from the Recovery Partition. If on the other hand you have upgraded to macOS Catalina you can't, at least not in the usual way. For this reason I created a bootable macOS Mojave installer on a thumb drive before upgrading to Catalina but it will expire over time and in order to use it I would have to erase my HD first.
    Since you actually still have a viable copy of the installer I would suggest following Randy's instructions.
    Don't be an April Fool: WORLD BACKUP DAY MARCH 31st

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Rod, this is what works for me. Go to Apple support ( Official Apple Support ) and type in "download High Sierra" or whatever version you want that Apple offered by download. Follow the links.
    Jake

I ended up deleting the file named “InstallInfo.plist”.
    That should keep the Installer USB Flash drive working forever.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    If you want to see your hidden App Store purchases (macOS, iOS, etc), you need to go into the App Store "account information" page. Different OS versions have different ways to access it.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thanks - I found that.

However it says "You have no hidden app purchases"

Weird - because I do have Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave USB installers I made...just in case.
    And all these installers came directly from the Apple Store

Thread Information